• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 wheels

superkingdave

Yeah no arguments with the relegation, just has to do it the hard way over the next two. Last two races before she retires.

Scaly piscine

Pendleton was out of lane before the elbow struck.

If you knew anything you would already know meares uses elbows all the time, it is how she rocks.
Yea, she's an Aussie we're all aware their nature is to push the boundaries of rules and bad sportsmanship.

The movement was caused by the Aussie in the first place. Total joke.

Scaly piscine

Well done Meares, hard luck Pendleton.

Don't be so bitter Scaly :laugh:
Congrats. After cheating and getting the other one disqualified when you lost, you've now gotten 3 golds in nearly two weeks. Something it took us 45 minutes to achieve. Bravo. You've now moved above the sporting powerhouses of Cuba, Belarus and New Zealand.

flibbertyjibber

Congrats. After cheating and getting the other one disqualified when you lost, you've now gotten 3 golds in nearly two weeks. Something it took us 45 minutes to achieve. Bravo. You've now moved above the sporting powerhouses of Cuba, Belarus and New Zealand.
Meares was better on the day. Accept it. We still have 21 of them with possibly another to come in a minute.

superkingdave

Hoy!

7 Golds, 1 silver, 1 bronze from 10 events is a pretty good return! Shame on the DSQ

Bronze for the NZer as well

stumpski

I'm somewhat out of touch I know, but I was surprised to find that Chris Hoy was competing in this Olympics. I thought that knighthoods and damehoods were generally only given to retired sportsmen and women - did he retire and then change his mind?

Anyway, he's won it again. Well done. I suppose they'll have to make him a Lord now.

Scaly piscine

Meares was better on the day. Accept it. We still have 21 of them with possibly another to come in a minute.
I'd have accepted it if Meares had legitimately won a 3rd sprint. There wasn't one, so it should have been 1-1. We don't need Brits doing imitations of Aussies.

Thought Hoy had cocked that up there. Just the sheer physical power (and endurance) that saw him home.

Last edited:

Meridio

Awesome race that. Chuffed for van Velthooven, thought he looked strong through the heats and semi and despite being on the outside the entire race managed to get the bronze. Must have huge power, would have ridden a fair bit further than the rest considering how far out he was.