• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

America/Buzzfeed's version of political correctness...

hendrix

...is way more offensive than most of the stuff they're trying to "address".

- stereotypical Indian girl with conservative parents: Hey, it usually is the case but don't we think it's a bit weird to have this stereotype and then be offended by someone thinking she does yoga?

- the "woke" thing is so ****ing stupid. I mean, sure, most people know the difference between the language and the religion, but if they don't...just tell them? Is this really a ****ing issue?

- What is the point of this? If anything, don't these videos just reinforce preconceptions rather than remove them?

- The only good thing about the video is what I assume to be a Seinfeld reference - all of her potential love interests (including a male model lol) are WAY less good looking than her. Actually...is that sexist? I don't even ****ing care at this point.

indiaholic

Won't watch the video, but buzzfeed is literally clickbait.. Content like this has a decent chance at going viral. It is not meant to address anything, it is there to make its audience feel good.

hendrix

Won't watch the video, but buzzfeed is literally clickbait.. Content like this has a decent chance at going viral. It is not meant to address anything, it is there to make its audience feel good.
True.

I do feel like it is moderately offensive though, aside from being mind-numbingly stupid.

straw man

awta. Or make them angry, either works.

Don't go to Buzzfeed, there, problem solved :)