• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andre, Andrew & Tim Pick Combined NZ/Aus/Eng side

Tim

Fullback: Mils Muli'aina (NZ)
Left Wing: Joe Rokocoko (NZ)
Right Wing: Doug Howlett (NZ)
Outside Centre: Stirling Mortlock (Aus)
Inside Centre: Carlos Spencer (NZ)
1st 5/8: Johnny Wilkinson (Eng)
Halfback: Matt Dawson (Eng)
#8: Lawrence Dellaglio (Eng)
#7: Richie McCaw (NZ)
#6: George Smith (Aus)
#5: Martin Johnson (c) (Eng)
#4: Chris Jack (NZ)
#3: Phil Vickery (Eng)
#2: Keven Mealamu (NZ)
#1: Bill Young (Aus)

NZ: 7 Aus: 3 Eng: 5

Last edited:

Cloete

Tim said:
Fullback: Mils Muli'aina (NZ)
Left Wing: Joe Rokocoko (NZ)
Right Wing: Doug Howlett (NZ)
Outside Centre: Stirling Mortlock (Aus)
Inside Centre: Carlos Spencer (NZ)
1st 5/8: Johnny Wilkinson (Eng)
Halfback: Kieren Bracken (Eng)
#8: Lawrence Dellaglio (Eng)
#7: Richie McCaw (NZ)
#6: George Smith (Aus)
#5: Martin Johnson (c) (Eng)
#4: Chris Jack (NZ)
#3: Phil Vickery (Eng)
#2: Keven Mealamu (NZ)
#1: Bill Young (Aus)

NZ: 7 Aus: 3 Eng: 5
I'd just like to say I voted for Cohen as a winger :D:P.

PY

Just as a personal preference I feel that Matt Dawson is a better player than Bracken because of his quick rugby brain.
The only other one I might disagree with is the Cohen which has already been mentioned, I haven't seen the others playing so can't really criticise!!!
If there are reasons why you haven't picked him then apologies. :)

Cloete

PY said:
Just as a personal preference I feel that Matt Dawson is a better player than Bracken because of his quick rugby brain.
The only other one I might disagree with is the Cohen which has already been mentioned, I haven't seen the others playing so can't really criticise!!!
If there are reasons why you haven't picked him then apologies. :)
Dawson!! that's the one. if Andre and Tim remember I mentioned Davisson, but meant Dawson. His name just slipped me. Yeah I put him forward but the other 2 seemed to forget about him :(

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I must agree that Dawson is a better player than Bracken.

Also quite shocked to see no Robinson in there.

Tim

LOL Robinson??? what are you joking? yeah sure he's got speed but everytime i've seen him play he's never scored a try against NZ or Aus.

My mistake about Dawson...yeah we'll replace him with Bracken.

Tim

I reckon if you made up another combined side between NZ/Aus/Eng you could find 15 players that could very much challenge this side.

Cloete

marc71178 said:
Tim, I only hope the rest of the Southern Hemisphere write Robinson off as much as you do ;)
:lol: i think Mils is better than Robinson tho. But robbo's stil pretty decent. I have him as my full back in Fantasy World Cup ;):D

Anna

The only complaints I have about that team is no Ben Cohen, as mentioned, and it's Jonny not Johnny Wilkinson!! Just being picky :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

He didn't deserve the try. The wind put off the guy who should have tackled Wilkinson/Dallaglio/other random excuse...

nibbs

I find it hard to believe there is no room for Jason Robinson is that side. IMO, he's clearly the best winger in the world.

Doug Howlett always appears to be good, scoring lots of tries, playing for the winning side. But when the pressure was on he turned to ****. Same applies for Rokococo (pronouced Rock'a'fo'co', similar to Rupeni).