• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anti-politician sites

anthonysw

The link didn’t work for some reason but I also love those types of website.

I also like your Avatar! I had a short-lived Anti-Mcdonlads website a while ago. But a scary McDonalds email message made me decide to shut it down. The problem was that I used a picture of Ronald McDonald that I got from the official McDonald’s Website. Anyway I converted the image of Ronald into a flash animation with glowing evil green eyes and a rotating head like in the exorcis. Because I used an image from the official website they were going to throw the book at me :)

You try a Google search with the keywords: McDonalds. The first website is the official MD website and the 2nd is McSpotlight that is an anti MD website. That what I love about the internet!! This is one area that they have no power or control over…… except if you use a official copyrighted McDonalds Image.
:D

[Edited on 6/12/02 by anthonysw]

Kimbo

It's wierd that the link didnt work, works for me, oh well- it just takes the piss outta right wing politicians.. its got a cool kids section with a storybook- kiwifruits in business suits.

Good work on the McDs front. I wore a t-shirt to school that sadi "McGarbage Destroys the Environment" this girl asked me if i could stop wearing it because her family owned a McDonalds, I told her to get stuffed and all the reasons I hate McDonalds... we aren't really on speaking terms.
I also have patches on my bag about McDonalds, and me and my mates are going to do a "food not bombs" outside McDonalds, that is where you give out free food.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You old enough to vote?

You all (should) know my political leanings by now so I ain't gonna comment for fear of exploding with rage ;)

Kimbo

haha reuben you are only 15 you idiot.
i don't know who i would vote for, but i know who i definitely wouldnt vote for- act, national, christian heritage...
i would probaly vote labour, even though they piss me off too. maybe the greens, if they stopped that nonsence folk dancing/meditating, its hard to take them seriously but they do have good policy which is important.
to be honest i would find it hard to vote at all... probly find a stupid party.. remember mcgillicuddy serious :cheesy:

Top_Cat

Here's an interesting site:

http://realchange.org

It's not so much anti- any particular politician as anti- ALL American politicians. It's ultimate message I guess is that all politicians are evil, it's just a matter of degrees. :D

I usually get a laugh out of anti-Bush sites and the like but there's usually little of substance. With a few exceptions, realchange.org has references to the info they talk about and rather than offering opinions, merely hold US politicians accountable for their words and actions. Hell, even Ralph Nader gets quite a serve on that site.

Kimbo

NATIONAL, I never knew you were a right winger.
All I can say to that is...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:O

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
NATIONAL, I never knew you were a right winger.
All I can say to that is...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:O
So National = The NZ Fascist Party?

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear.

Kimbo

National aren't the most right wing party in NZ, but they are like the tories in England.

anthonysw

Top_Cat thanks for posting that stellar link! :D

A good website is: Paul Keating Insult Archive - http://www.webcity.com.au/keating/
Paul did come up with some classic insults in parliament :)

Here are a few samples:

On Wilson "Iron Bar" Tuckey (Liberal politician):
"...You stupid foul-mouthed grub."
"Shut up! Sit down and shut up, you pig!"
"You boxhead you wouldn't know. You are flat out counting past ten."

On Former Leader of the Opposition, John Hewson:
(His performance) is like being flogged with a warm lettuce.
He always turns around when I drop one on him. He can't psychologically handle it.
I was implying that the Honorable Member for Wentworth was like a lizard on a rock - alive, but looking dead.
Yesterday, on a personal matter against me, we had old dozy over there, the Honourable Member for Wentworth.
I have a psychological hold over Hewson...He's like a stone statue in the cemetery.
I'm not going to be fairy flossed away as my opposite number, John Hewson, is prepared to be fairy flossed away by some spaced out, vacous ad agency.
I'd put him in the same class as the rest of them: mediocrity.
This is the sort of little-boy, stamp your foot stuff which comes from a financial yuppie when you shoe him into parliament.
Hewson's only made the grade on paid advertisements. He's put me under no pressure at all. The only one who's put us under pressure on any issue is Peacock. He's an old cynic and he goes for the issues. Hewson's on television a lot but he hasn't put me under any pressure.

[Edited on 6/14/02 by anthonysw]

Kimbo

Yea thats right. But as has probably happened in England, the Labour party and the National party are getting more and more similar.

Kimbo

Well, I wouldn't mind seeing a green government here. Just so long as the folk dancing stops!