• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are you pleased with your country's performance?

sanga1337

Australia. I think we underachieved in some events, like the swimming, but we definitely got some unexpected medals like the pole vault and the diving. Overall Im pleased with how we went.

Ahmed_Tariq

Anything but proud. Not even a single medal and a shocking 8th place in the 12-Nation Hockey Cup. Ridiculous performance.

Enough said.

morgieb

Reasonably, but to lose to Great Britian is pretty unforgivable :laugh:. At least we STOOD up to win!

Goughy

Pakistan, Bangladesh and the Philippines must be happy. A combined population of way over 400 million and no medals :-O

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Reasonably, but to lose to Great Britian is pretty unforgivable :laugh:. At least we STOOD up to win!
That's bollocks itbt, poor attempt at a jibe. You got six swimming golds, last time I checked people don't stand up when they swim. You got two rowing golds, sitting down. Two sailing. One canoeing. You got a triathlon gold, so a third of that was stood up. There was a diving gold, I guess we can count that, and of course the pole vault which I suppose counts as well.

None these achievements are worth any less because the competitors did not stand up, but your attempt to have a go at the British is pathetic. Not that I expect anything less from you, you've gotten even worse since your ban.

morgieb

That's bollocks itbt, poor attempt at a jibe. You got six swimming golds, last time I checked people don't stand up when they swim. You got two rowing golds, sitting down. Two sailing. One canoeing. You got a triathlon gold, so a third of that was stood up. There was a diving gold, I guess we can count that, and of course the pole vault which I suppose counts as well.

None these achievements are worth any less because the competitors did not stand up, but your attempt to have a go at the British is pathetic. Not that I expect anything less from you, you've gotten even worse since your ban.
I meant sitting down. How many of your golds were won for sports other than cycling, rowing, sailing, canoeing, and sports like that 8-)

Perm

****, what does it matter if you're standing up or sitting down? A gold medal is a gold medal for **** sake.

Need I remind you about 'lay down Sally'?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I meant sitting down. How many of your golds were won for sports other than cycling, rowing, sailing, canoeing, and sports like that 8-)
Golds are golds mate. We won a load in cycling, a few in rowing and one in canoeing. Does the fact that you're sitting down make them easy events? Ha, you go have a crack at them. Cycling is physically very demanding, and rowing must be too. We did also get a gold on the track, a couple in the pool and a boxing gold, off the top of my head. Honestly, your criticism fails in every way, we got more golds than Australia, everywhere else in this Olympic forum there has been good-natured banter about us topping you for once, but you come in here acting like a ****. 8-)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
TBF there's haven't been any sour grapes from any of the Aussie posters that actually have brains

TT Boy

I was until I noticed that over 60% of 'our' Olympians were public school educated and the vast majority of 'our' success arrived in 'sports' which the majority of citizens in the UK (let alone in the rest of the developing and third world) are economically/socially unable to participate in. 'Our' success in what I would deem 'proletarian' events wasn't that impressive. I believe on the track the Cubans and Belarusians outperformed team GB...

Jakester1288

Definitely happy. For 22 million people, we went great, second on the adjusted medal tally - that is where they match medals to population. We did well in the pool with the women, but no other areas were stand outs to me. Still very happy. :)