• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes sub-forum - a success?

Ashes sub-forum

• Total voters

Goughy

I voted success as I think it did a great job in keeping CC from being taken over.

However, personally, I didnt visit the sub-forum that often and I certainly didnt post as often as I would have if it was in CC. Seemed too easy to gloss over the Ashes forum and focus on CC.

Mixed review from me but ultimately beneficial.

I'd put it down to the fact that last year's series went down to the last test.
If you look at the post figures for the matches, 1500 for the first three, Aus have the ashes, something like 600 posts for the 4th and just over a 1000 for the 5th. Once the Ashes were back it was almost like a formality and there wasn't as much interest.
Hit the nail on the head TBH Mitchell.

archie mac

I thought it was great, I had joined CW not long before the 2005 Ashes, and found it hard to follow all of the different aspects of the series. I also found it quite annoying having to read and scroll through pages and pages of opinions, just so I could find the reply to my last post. I ended up giving it away in the end.

The other problem during 2005, every time someone tried to start a slightly different thread re-the Ashes it was closed and they were directed to the one huge thread.

Two thumbs up!

PY

I reckon it would have been a greater success if it had been inside CC where the Predictions League is but with the PL there, it doesn't really fit.

howardj

It was a roaring success. I hate one big, long generic thread for a whole Test Series. I like the separate threads for each the big game, and each big issue (within reason).

oz_fan

Definately a success. It allowed separate discussion without it just being a free for all in one thread and it also prevent CC from being crowded with threads.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Good idea re this thread, and thanks for all your thoughts.

Judging by the poll results, it's save to say this will definately continue in future.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I dislike this forums continually breaking things up into smaller forums, the Ashes is cricket, so why is it not in cricket chat? Why can't the Indians and Pakistani's have a subforum when they play each other? Maybe I don't want to read about NZ cricket? I don't see the whole cluttering up of the board as much of an argument really, and it's just annoying to have an extra forum to check through..
Even though I voted success, I tend to agree with that post, somewhat.

Goughy

Ha, Ive just noticed my vote in the poll is for failure. I could have sworn I voted the other way. At least I thought I did.

Count mine as a vote for success with the comments made in my previous post.

FaaipDeOiad

Good idea re this thread, and thanks for all your thoughts.

Judging by the poll results, it's save to say this will definately continue in future.
I'd hope it doesn't happen too often. There won't be many series that generate this much interest, after all.

adharcric

Definitely a success on the whole. At times it was annoying to go into a separate subforum simply to cover all of the ongoing cricket, but this concept prevented CC from being clogged up. Furthermore, it organized posts successfully and made sure no one got lost in a sea of posts in a single Ashes thread. The idea to split up the five tests was good in some ways (well organized posts) but it wasn't exactly a resounding success.

luffy

Of course it was a success. I didn't clog up Cricket Chat and look how many threads we've had in here....