• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Trivia

Shady Slim

i got those wigs after a segment on morning TV about one of these english politicians who allegedly snorted coke with prostitutes, still need:

the BMW
tape measure
log without an s
red ball
person sitting on that bouncy ball thing
statue sheet
airborne sheet
orange
cast
bunsen burner
the hands and the safe
roll guy
umbrella guy
flying legs

WalkingWicket

i got those wigs after a segment on morning TV about one of these english politicians who allegedly snorted coke with prostitutes, still need:

the BMW
tape measure
log without an s
red ball
person sitting on that bouncy ball thing
statue sheet
airborne sheet
orange
cast
bunsen burner
the hands and the safe
roll guy
umbrella guy
flying legs
I've bolded the applicable bits in various clues. Think about those words and you'll get some answers. The one's which aren't bolded don't contain exact words that would be helpful.

Riggins

if someone could post the actual answers in a spoiler font you cant read that would be swell. mildly curious but not enough to actually try and work them out.

Shady Slim

I've bolded the applicable bits in various clues. Think about those words and you'll get some answers. The one's which aren't bolded don't contain exact words that would be helpful.
i got some more of them from those clues and some like the safe have made me feel like a massive fool now whoops

Howe_zat

I'm not such a sad man that I'm going to the research to find out the answer, but I am sad enough to have worked out the question, which is that there can't be many Test sides that have had an average number of letters per surname that is lower than the current England side - put in Roy and Finn for Ballance and Anderson and I reckon that would have to be a record
today on sky

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Gonna guess Verity and that bowler who could block a few and was occasionally chosen to open. Trevor Bailey.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Gonna guess Verity and that bowler who could block a few and was occasionally chosen to open. Trevor Bailey.
When I said Verity I meant Rhodes. I always confuse the two of them for some reason.

Hammond had about 800 First Class career wickets didn't he? He must have snagged a couple of Test michelles.

Tony Greig is the only other all rounder of note I can think of.

harsh.ag

It's amazing how Alderman was the best ever Aussie quick in England, now maybe equal only to McGrath. His two series in 81 and 89 were both audacious efforts

Howe_zat

1. Rhodes
4. Hammond
5. Illingworth
6. Greig
7. Botham
8. Flintoff
9. Stokes

Bailey is wrong, only had the one hundred.

wpdavid

More than one. So Stokes is there with the minimum requirement of 2 tons and 2 five-fors.
Ta. So Broad doesn't make it then.

Maybe D'Oliveira? Or maybe not if your list is in chronological order.

Off the top of my head ...

CB Fry
Percy Fender
Gubby Allen

Last edited: