• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia is on fire.

Burgey

If any good thing has come from all tis, it’s that ITV reporter falling for the drop bear story.

Burgey

It's actually raining here rn. Just getting a bit of heavy rain and one of those morning storms, which are usually annoying but not this time.

Shady Slim

i have some photos of the water in kiama i took on vacation down there last week that are absolutely dire i’ll send here a bit later... it’s ash on the water

but looks more like a big exxon mobil tanker’s run aground and is leaking everywhere it’s just wild

Burgey

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what sort of toxicity we end up with in the water when the fire run off ends up in the dams.

Shady Slim

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what sort of toxicity we end up with in the water when the fire run off ends up in the dams.
with water i expect we shouldn’t be too bad esp if they fire up the desal again, it’s fish that i’m more worried for given you can’t exactly run a fish through a filter

Burgey

with water i expect we shouldn’t be too bad esp if they fire up the desal again, it’s fish that i’m more worried for given you can’t exactly run a fish through a filter
Look, they have gills for filtering things themselves. Enough with this PC rubbish. The Quiet Australians don't give a **** about it, and everything the govt hasn't done was vindicated at the last election because as John Howard always* says, the people never get it wrong.

I'm Alan Jones.

*He didn't actually say this in 2007, for some reason.

Shady Slim

Jeez, that is grim. Appropriately, it looks like coal dust.
yeah no it’s not ideal tstl... but we got some homemade carolina reaper chilli down there so that made the trip more than worth it

it’s bleached all the snails and such that sit on the rocks there too which is a yikes, and coaldust’s a good shout, even though it looks on the water like a solid film of black it’s heaps of tiny flakes, burnt leaves and all that jazz

Redbacks

Holy ****!

There's a bit of that ash washed up on the northern beaches too, but only about a few inches wide.

Adders

The Bush fire charity concert is on Ch 7 right now. Just turned it on......omfg Delta Goodrem is so stunning.