• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick query

Mr Popodopolous

Hi fellow battrick users, regarding Battrick, declarations, contrived run chases and joke bowling what are the rules?

For example I've got a game whereby the opps lead by 29 after 1st Innings with tomorrow and 8 overs left. If I offered joke bowling and the opps to set a target, would this be allowed?

Cheers.:D

andruid

Hi fellow battrick users, regarding Battrick, declarations, contrived run chases and joke bowling what are the rules?
For example I've got a game whereby the opps lead by 29 after 1st Innings with tomorrow and 8 overs left. If I offered joke bowling and the opps to set a target, would this be allowed?
Cheers.:D
i thought you could bowl whomever you want whenever so long as the changes are made at the end of the day and its not collusion.

Mr Popodopolous

Well, no collusion occured, no agreement was made- of course I sent them on in any case, hoping he'd set a target of 300-350- which would have been another 230-280 runs.

It didn't quite work out like that....

End of Over 96 (6 runs). benidorm4holidays: 696-2, runrate=7.25 (1st Inn: 346-10)
Lead by 725 runs. (poprobins23 317-10)
Overs left today: 22
Yousif 26-0-192-1
Chenery* 71 (69 balls)
Hashmi 168 (119 balls)

Last Wicket: Nico lbw b. Yousif 240 (FOW: 508/2)

:laugh: :laugh: