• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Games Growing Up

zorax

likes this
What are the best games you played as a kid growing up

Can be anything - board games, video games, an elaborate version of tag, or backyard cricket so complex that you and your friends developed a set of rules against throwing things at the batsman. What game was it that gave you the most enjoyment in your young life

I probably derived wayyyy too much pleasure from three things:
1) Cricket management games (ICC, Battrick, Stumped, FromThePavilion, etc)
2) Pokemon Yellow
3) Shitposting on PlanetCricket

And ofcourse actually playing cricket and football was incredibly fun too.

SillyCowCorner1

-Backyard cricket
-Ball field cricket
-Cricket in the street

-Cricket on the bridge:
When it rains, the water level in the canals get very high. On some days, it the level would get over the bridge just a little bit...so it creates an excellent surface for the ball to skid off. The bridge became the pitch. When the ball gets in the water, a dozen fielders would take a plunge, with the random pet doggie joining along. The ball is made uo of solid rubber.The speed of the delivery is around mid 80s to 90mph. Behind the wicket there is a keeper with approximately 13 in the slip cordon.

-hide and seek
-enter hole
-dog and the bone
-table tennis
-volleyball

zorax

likes this
bridge cricket sounds amazing. how wide was this bridge? did fielders ever start in the water? how long would games last?

vcs

I was lucky enough to grow up in a house with a reasonably sized garden. I dug five holes around it, and played "golf" with a tennis ball and cricket bat. Each hole had a par score. This may sound a bit strange, but I had actually never watched or heard of golf at that stage.

Used to spend a huge amount of time hitting a tennis ball against a wall at home as well. First day I landed up at the court, the other kids were surprised at how decent I already was haha

SillyCowCorner1

I was lucky enough to grow up in a house with a reasonably sized garden. I dug five holes around it, and played "golf" with a tennis ball and cricket bat. Each hole had a par score. This may sound a bit strange, but I had actually never watched or heard of golf at that stage.

Used to spend a huge amount of time hitting a tennis ball against a wall at home as well. First day I landed up at the court, the other kids were surprised at how decent I already was haha
How many strokes to par?

vcs

Varied between three and four

You had to take your approach around a coconut tree in one of the holes so that you got a makeable putt at the end. Sometimes the trench around it would have some water to serve as a hazard as well.

SillyCowCorner1

Varied between three and four

You had to take your approach around a coconut tree in one of the holes so that you got a makeable putt at the end. Sometimes the trench around it would have some water to serve as a hazard as well.
I'm getting a nice picture of that hole. How smooth was the green?

vcs

There was no green of any sort lol

Every shot was a completely random event where the ball could hit any twig or stone or crevice and go one way or the other. Great fun though.