• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond will not sacrifice speed

thierry henry

NZ are a very good ODI side without Bond. We're used to playing without him

Yes, he's a loss. But it's demeaning to our fine one-day unit to act like it's the end of the world. Even our ODI bowling attack is decent without.

irish swinger

I think team management just being cautious with Bond due to his history of injuries. Which is fair enough...if we're to have a decent chance of winning the world cup we need Bond fully fit and firing.

Lets just hope its a bit of early season stiffness and not something more serious...cos if it is then I'm afraid its off to the glue factory for Bondage.

Bahnz

He didn't bowl crap, not all the time anyway. But anyone will struggle to have good figures when they have two catches dropped off their bowling, and any edges sail just over the slips. In any circumstance its his first game in 8 months, so he was bound to be rusty.

Sir Redman

Bahnz said:
He didn't bowl crap, not all the time anyway. But anyone will struggle to have good figures when they have two catches dropped off their bowling, and any edges sail just over the slips. In any circumstance its his first game in 8 months, so he was bound to be rusty.
So he did bowl alright? To be honest I thought he'd be fairly ineffective on that pitch. Still haven't seen a ball of our bowling, useless bloody Sky only show one full replay (couldn't watch cause I was at cricket) and don't show any highlights.

Bahnz

His line and length was way too scattered, which is why he went for as many runs as he did. But he bowled fast, and had he had a touch of luck he could've dismissed Jayawardene, Tharanga and Attapatu. I reckon he needs a bit more match practice before he's back to his old self, though.

Bahnz

With any other player, I wouldn't be that worried about it. But Bond seems to be so much more susceptible to injury, little niggles tend to bug him for weeks. He is certainly not of ordinary phlegm.

open365

Perm said:
Simon Doull made a point on Game of Two Halves the other night that Bond needs to "harden up" in a sense, he said bowling at this level at his pace he is going to be a little bit stiff after having a bowl. I firmly maintain that something should've been done a long time ago to strengthen the musclese in his back and side if that's the problem, it can't be his bones so it must be his muscles.
I'm guessing he might just have though about that...just maybe.

Give him a break, he's had 3 stress fractures of his lower back and his action puts an enormous amount of strain on his whole body.