• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentary

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bish & Coney a cut above tho, it must be said. Nice double act. Actually do more than just call the play.

pietersenrocks

FFS, the likes of Harsha Bhogle shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the commentary box.

They're just getting paid to talk whatever they want..LoL

When Hussain & Lloyd were discussing the role of a leg-spinner in T20 cricket, he was asking dem for a break.

Sanjay Manjarekar & Alan Wilkins are **** & I did not heard any Aussie commentator, yet.

duffer

Harsha is a good radio commentator but waffles a bit too much for TV imo. Enjoyed Kumble yesterday, sounded so hilariously Anil like. A few stutters but I'm sure he'll iron out the chinks in the armour over time.

G.I.Joe

No idea if Gavaskar is commentating on the WC currently, but if he utters the word 'fella' once more, or has us believe that every player from the West indies sports a Jamaican accent, I'm going to hurl the remote at the TV.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Quite liking Nasser & Chappelli as a combo too. Bit of friendly needle, but both thinking about what's going on.

Like a PhD level Greig & Lawry, kinda.

gvenkat

FFS, the likes of Harsha Bhogle shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the commentary box.

They're just getting paid to talk whatever they want..LoL

When Hussain & Lloyd were discussing the role of a leg-spinner in T20 cricket, he was asking dem for a break.

Sanjay Manjarekar & Alan Wilkins are **** & I did not heard any Aussie commentator, yet.
Harsha is one of the best. I dont know what ticked you off.. Agree on Sanjay and tahat Wilkins though.. Bumble has to be one of the best...

superkingdave

Don't like Nasser at all for twenty20 cricket, he's okay for tests, but spouts a bunch of cliched crap most of the time in twenty20

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't like Nasser at all for twenty20 cricket, he's okay for tests, but spouts a bunch of cliched crap most of the time in twenty20
Disagree, tbh.

His point about the slog being the best shot to Dimi was spot on. Wouldn't have known that if he hadn't followed the domestic game.

superkingdave

Disagree, tbh.

His point about the slog being the best shot to Dimi was spot on. Wouldn't have known that if he hadn't followed the domestic game.

But he then went on and on about how Mascarenhas gets away with it in county cricket but wouldn't at higher level, ignoring the fact he opens the bowling in the IPL as well.

TT Boy

Ronni Irani and Darren Gough aka Dumb & Dumber are the commentary team on Talk****e. :laugh:

Feel for their 'colleagues', Neil Manthorp and Graeme Thorpe.

King Pietersen

Ronni Irani and Darren Gough aka Dumb & Dumber are the commentary team on Talk****e. :laugh:

Feel for their 'colleagues', Neil Manthorp and Graeme Thorpe.
Irani was the reason I stopped watching the IPL. I couldn't stand his voice, his opinions and the fact he was ridiculously critical of anything that went slightly wrong. Such an annoying man.

TT Boy

He (Wilkins) is a decent listen. He covers a lot of U19 cricket, always does their WC and is good value.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He (Wilkins) is a decent listen. He covers a lot of U19 cricket, always does their WC and is good value.
Yeah, seems decent enough. Just never really heard him before. Accent either suggested a Saffie who's been in Blighty for a while or vice versa. Turns out it's a bit of both, it seems.