• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

SillyCowCorner1

Lara's first century on home soil, and it was spectacular. A 4th innings 100 on a pitch that was helping the wrist-spinners of Australia: Hogg and MacGill. The use of his feet against them was immaculate, so too was his sweeping. He took on the short ball from a hostile Lee, caressed the off-side against Gillespie. It was something special. Where was I on this day? Probably at school getting my learning going:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
>West Indies are 40/2
>Lara just about set
>Bring Lehmann on to bowl

I know there were some footmarks emerging, but come on.

quincywagstaff

Been a major wipeout of cricket channels on YT over past few weeks. At least 4 I've subscribed to are gone, including the 'ilovemysports2000' channel which had extensive highlights of the Sri Lanka's Test tour of Australia in 1995/96.

TheJediBrah

Been a major wipeout of cricket channels on YT over past few weeks. At least 4 I've subscribed to are gone, including the 'ilovemysports2000' channel which had extensive highlights of the Sri Lanka's Test tour of Australia in 1995/96.
just noticed this. It's very disappointing. I really don't get it either, it's not like there are competing interests showing these old matches. If they're not on youtube then they aren't available anywhere.

What are they afraid of, that if people can watch old matches they won't tune in to watch live games?

robelinda

Yes I was contacted by the ICC legal team and told in advance this was happening, but im largely safe because I dont upload entire series highlights etc, as I have been telling these other channels for ages dont do it! Its no secret you cant do that. Very stupid people indeed, they only have themselves to blame.

TheJediBrah

still sucks. Seems like they are only releasing certain big event matches.

It would make sense if ICC were making everything available and they were only deleting footage that you could get through them, but as far as I can tell that's not the case and a lot of the footage they're deleting is just unavailable anywhere now

Last edited:

Line and Length

Without going through almost 400 pages to see if this has been posted before, I'll go ahead and post this clip of a fired-up Devon Malcolm tearing through South Africa.

SillyCowCorner1

There was so much happening in that video.

-Ball number 1, 12 runs to get; the wide and Mushy missing a runout
-Repeat Ball number 1, 11 runs to get; Shankar misses a slower ball; Mushy collects and sprints towards the stumps keeping Shankar in his crease.

The camera focuses on a spectator in the stands with both hands on his head.

-Ball number 2, 11 runs to get; Shankar hits it straight to Liton Das at a widish mid-off, he scampers to the non-striker's end as the throw comes in from Liton. He's ok.

-Ball number 3; DK on strike, takes a leg-stump guard, 10 runs to get. We get a glimpse of Shakib doing all kinds of body movements; he's nervous, tense. The camera then snuck in a young SL with an Indian flag pasted on her face, as Sarkar runs in. A yorker is delivered, and DK guides it to the sweeper. 1 run taken. Then the 12th man ran into the field with a bottle of water. A delay tactic? Possibly. The umpires didn't even stop him. Sarkar took a gulp and washed his face (Practicing safe hygiene in the middle of an over). Liton gives him a pat on his back after he finished. Now back to the action.

-Ball number 4; 9 runs to get; Shankar back on strike. Shakib gives a chat to Sarkar, while Camera catches Ravi Shastri on the edge of his seat in the players' pavilion. Sarkar dished up a yorker, all Shankar had to do was to open the face of his bat and guide the ball towards 3rd man. The white ball rolled along the ground like a golf ball that was putted on the green. There was no 3rd man. Four runs. Rumor has it that it was this shot that got him into the World Cup squad for the trip to England the following year. Sarkar and Liton with their hands on their respective heads. Five runs needed off 2 balls.

-Ball number 5; Sarkar bowls a slower delivery just outside off-stump and Shankar attempts a glory shot straight back. It's high in the air, about 5-8 meters in front of the boundary. Mehedy Hasan Miraz at long-off and Sabbir Rahman at long-on both appear to be under the ball. Sabbir gets the first touch on it and then collided with Miraz. The ball pops up. A few juggles later, and it lands in Miraz's left palm; he grasped it tightly. He would then attempt to break Usain Bolt's 100m record with a dash to his fellow teammates in the 30-yard circle (Yeah, the units...Imperial and metric all included here). Shakib is seen squatted, wiping his face with a white towel, letting out a 'sigh of relief' or something else...because India needs 5 runs off the last ball.

-Ball number 6; DK on strike. Sarkar pitches it outside off, it was intended to be a yorker but instead was just short of that length. DK pounced on it. The ball went aerial, through the extra-cover region...and still aerial. It can't be a six? The commentators already made their minds up that it was a four, before the ball even lose altitude, but it kept and going and going and over the ropes it went. Six runs. India have won the Nihadas Trophy. Sarkar is down on his knees. DK is mobbed by his teammates. Taskin Ahmed, Abu Hider Rony(who I think could have played in this match and bowl the last over given the chance), and Imrul Kayes, all with heads bowed down; heads in hands. So close for their team, but so far.

The camera shows a few spectators in the crowd doing the 'Nagin dance'.

Something about karma...

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

Don't know how long it's going to last, but am absolutely loving the TriSports Cricket YouTube channel.

It's uploaded a plethora of highlights packages of World Series Cup matches from the early to mid 1980s (usually lasting about 40 minutes), many of which I've never had the chance to see before in any format. And the picture quality is generally excellent. Watching them has certainly helped me get through this no cricket period.

One observation from the matches is how the 1980s Steve Smith threw away his career by going on the rebel tour as he had a lot of talent; at the very least he would've been a fixture in the one-day side if he'd stayed on.

I made this observation in another thread but it bears repeating; it's striking how bad 1980s Australian umpires were at judging run outs. It feels like they get 2-3 wrong every match.

Last edited: