• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket related stuff that doesn't really deserve a thread

Flem274*

123/5
he was probably out of rhythm when i saw him (was either the tri-series or chappell-hadlee), because i distinctly remember the dennis lillee hype then thinking 'this is it?' when he was bowling high 130s. i thought he seemed a perfectly fine bowler, bit slingy, an interesting prospect. 12 months later he was hitting 150 on the regular.

starc was also high 130s when he began but it was his swing and height i remember being hyped, that and aussie skeptics saying he needed to take more domestic poles first.

Adders

I think a big part of it was fitness related too. He started taking stuff more seriously at Queensland.
I wonder if he bulked up in this QLD regime? GAS to answer, what was his physique like as a medium pacer in SA?

He was a solid bull when he was tearing it up Internationaly.......is it possible that what made him ultimately broke him?

Daemon

The only bowler I can think of who got significantly quicker over a short period of time other than Harris has been Bhuvi. When he debuted he was 125? These days he flirts with 140 occassionally, and that's without adding any (barely noticeable anyways) mass. Bhuvs did it a lot younger though of course.

GoodAreasShane

I wonder if he bulked up in this QLD regime? GAS to answer, what was his physique like as a medium pacer in SA?

He was a solid bull when he was tearing it up Internationaly.......is it possible that what made him ultimately broke him?
For most of his time here in SA Harris was fairly lightly built, but he was still just as injury prone back then, which in hindsight seems a bit odd.

From memory he started to bulk up a bit in the later days here, but not as much so as he did after moving to Queensland.

In all honesty, I'm just not entirely sure

Last edited:

Adders

Hard to really rate Harris in the scheme of things, but for me I'm calling him the best Aussie quick since McGrath ( Cummins set to overtake) but, that sort of build is really not suited for quick bowling imo.

stephen

Hard to really rate Harris in the scheme of things, but for me I'm calling him the best Aussie quick since McGrath ( Cummins set to overtake) but, that sort of build is really not suited for quick bowling imo.
Cummins has already played more tests and taken more wickets at a better average than Harris.

Daemon

Mates or no mates, Warnie’s work with the ladies is as famous as his Mike Gatting delivery — and Lee got a first-hand look at the leggie’s approach to members of the opposite *** in 1996.

He said every player was accompanied by an Indian model at the World Cup opening ceremony and Warne promised to show him the ropes as the elder statesman of the “Shane Show”.

“I was single at the time and Warnie was single on tour,” Lee said. “Warnie said, ‘I’ll get the best two (models) for us — the Shane Show, the Shane Show’.

“Anyway, he lined up these two girls and we had one drink and we’re going back to their place and we’re thinking it’s all going to happen.

“Then we got there and there’s her whole extended family there and we spent the whole night signing autographs and having a bloody meal.
lmao

honestbharani

Man... I thought YK was the most likable character and then you read something like this. wow.. I am hoping it was in jest and he just used the knife that they keep as part of the cutlery as a joke...