• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket related stuff that doesn't really deserve a thread

honestbharani

hahaha... The Pepsi ads featuring Indian cricketers are usually the best. They have some of the best concepts and are the least cringey, I think. Loved the one where Kohli acts the elderly lady what his role should be and she says, you go concentrate on batting, you have been slipping. We will take care of the ads. :laugh:

GoodAreasShane

Gordon Greenidge
Jonathan Trott
Neil Harvey
Viv Richards
Colin Cowdrey
Doug Walters
Godfrey Evans
Lance Cairns
Brad Hogg
Brian Statham
Patrick Patterson

Spot the common theme?

AndrewB

Gordon Greenidge
Jonathan Trott
Neil Harvey
Viv Richards
Colin Cowdrey
Doug Walters
Godfrey Evans
Lance Cairns
Brad Hogg
Brian Statham
Patrick Patterson

Spot the common theme?
Cowdrey was more of an opener than Trott; then you can put Graeme Pollock in at 5.
Aubrey Faulkner for Hogg.

GoodAreasShane

Kicking myself that I forgot Pollock tbh, yeah Cowdrey will move up to open in that case.

I couldn't not include Hogg as he was the one who gave me the idea to do this in the first place.

ataraxia

Arthur Dudley Nourse over Harvey IMO. (however, remember that both are in the top 5 batsmen of all time...)

GoodAreasShane

Frankly you lot have put more thought into this than I ever did in the first place. Half tempted to revise the team in light of some of the properly good suggestions here.

If I did it nation by nation Sri Lanka would be far stronger than any other team in all likelihood, South Africa would go alright, and Pakistan and Bangladesh would struggle to get a whole XI