• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup (season 13)

Mahindinho

So, does anyone fancy running it this season?

If nobody else does, I'll do it, but I don't have much time on my hands so it wouldn't be anywhere near the standard of the last few. Better that than not having one, I reckon.

Either way, we'll definitely have one, so may as well start the sign-up. Add your BT team name, user name, and CW user name to this list. Add a star to your team name if you're still in the BT cup.

I'll try to include everyone, possibly with a preliminary round. Seedings will be done using a combination of the rankings thread and previous CW BT results (I think that's how Chaminda did it last time). If we do start before all the national BT cups are over, teams still competing (Asterix, Jaffna, etc.) will get byes. Hopefully!

1. Withington Wonderers* / Mahindinho / Mahindinho

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Don't think my PFL can handle it. Will tentatively put my name in for now. Don't think f00lins will bother, he basically doesn't play anymore. Nearly went bot a few weeks back and will be bankrupt soon enough with his nigh on 800k wage bill.

1. Withington Wonderers*/Mahindinho/Mahindinho
2. Central Districts*/Keggorz/dontcloseyoureyes

andyc

AWTA re: PFLs, but will go in for now and see how I'm going when the thing rolls around.

3. Magical Ponies/andyc/andyc

chaminda_00

4. Jaffna Jets/chaminda_00/chaminda_00

andyc

Yeah, went out last Sunday. Got rolled for 76 chasing 289 on TIE. Was a decent team, tbf. With PFLs and everything though I don't really mind an early exit.

Adamc

Don't think my PFL can handle it. Will tentatively put my name in for now. Don't think f00lins will bother, he basically doesn't play anymore. Nearly went bot a few weeks back and will be bankrupt soon enough with his nigh on 800k wage bill.

Yeah, you can leave me out. Only really log in to stave off bankruptcy, which is fairly pointless as I don't think I'll get back into it again. Still won every game this season mind. (y)

Have no intention of relinquishing the Cup though.

chaminda_00

Got knocked out by the last season's D1 OD winners in Round Two. Jeithoon was out so we threw the match basically.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, you can leave me out. Only really log in to stave off bankruptcy, which is fairly pointless as I don't think I'll get back into it again. Still won every game this season mind. (y)

Have no intention of relinquishing the Cup though.
Give me your pass.

trevor_vayro

Count me in, though can't promise to field anything like a competitive side - Team seems to be constantly dead ATM, and I'm considering jacking in BT altogether.

I've learnt to live with all the previous crap, but this PFL adjustment means that I might as well not have bothered building a side for the last few years, as they're not better than a team of Comps or Resps in any case.

I appreciate that your players shouldn't be available to you at all times, and that they'll get knackered and injured as per RL. But I've got players on one and two nets, only playing one OD game a week, and their PFL is steadily getting worse over a weekly cycle. God alone knows what would happen if I ever had the cheek to play them in an FC match!

Plus there is no noticeable difference between the recovery rates of any of my bowlers, whose Stams are Sup, Sup, Strong, Prof and Feeb.

Basically, for the last four years, I've listened to the advice, tried to play the game sensibly, and invested in my team's future...And I'm no better off for it.

Time to investigate FTP!

Wrote to the GMs to explain all this, and they basically said, 'Your choice, there's the door!', some way to reward four years loyalty, often in pretty crap circumstances

chaminda_00

The problem with BT is that it takes forever to build any depth and by going so you just hurt the quality of your 1st XI. The training system isn't built for playing more then 11 players every match.

HeathDavisSpeed

Wrote to the GMs to explain all this, and they basically said, 'Your choice, there's the door!', some way to reward four years loyalty, often in pretty crap circumstances
What a bunch of ****ing ****s.

I didn't even know they'd changed the PFL settings; but that would explain why I'm losing every one day game in the league, given I'm pretty much playing the same XI in every match.

From the Pavilion is a lot better in many ways, but I cannot see how anyone would be able to catch up with the top teams in it; especially the longer the game matures for.

HeathDavisSpeed

5. Cymru Gurgitators/trevor_vayro??
6. Connells Estates CC*/heathdavisspeed/HeathDavisSpeed

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
7. Tawonga Tigers/geg/NZTailender

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
8. Alternative XI /Alternative /Alternative

Jakester1288

8. Alternative XI /Alternative /Alternative
9. Killers CC/Jakester1288/Jakester1288

How does this work? Is there a league created or something? I'll die, too.

Jakester1288

Also, can I sign up tait express123? We are in computers at the moment and he is banned from the computer at home.

Seahorses/tait express123/benpelican

Hope that's in the right order.

Mahindinho

Yeah, that's fine.

It won't start for a few more weeks -- I've not added it all up yet! It's usually been a group stage, with seeded groups of 3 or 4, then knockout. Depends how the numbers work out, but I'll be trying for something similar this season.

chaminda_00

What a bunch of ****ing ****s.

I didn't even know they'd changed the PFL settings; but that would explain why I'm losing every one day game in the league, given I'm pretty much playing the same XI in every match.

From the Pavilion is a lot better in many ways, but I cannot see how anyone would be able to catch up with the top teams in it; especially the longer the game matures for.
Pretty sure the main changes to PFL have been BT20 having extra hits. And bowlers in FC gaving more hit for long spells. You should be able to manage FC, if you don't bowl your main bowlers for long spells. BT20 hasn't been that massive from what I've noticed. I have feeling they may have increased the hits for GFIs as well.

With FTP you should be able to catch once the older sides players get retired or sold off and they have to rebuild. Personally think the game will go in cycles. The main reason why younger sides have started to catch up in BT is due to older sides rebuilding or going broke and focused to rebuild. Also a large number of top sides quiting has helped.