• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Did South Africa choke?

Snippie27

Most Afrikaners generally follow rugby, but over the last 20 or so years we have seen a large increase in Afrikaner (as well as Black and Coloured) support for cricket this side. I am an Afrikaans girl myself and have followed cricket since I was six years old (basically the 92 WC).

Amongst my Afrikaans friends I would say about 30-40 % follow cricket. Whilst about 50% of my English friends follow it and about 30% of my froends that are black are also following cricket (to some or another degree). There is however a definite tendency amongst my black and Afrikaans friends that most don't particularly love test cricket. Whilst most of my English friends (and a couple of us boertjies) think test cricket is the best!

TNT

Banned
I have been told by an ex SA player that the feeling when losing is heightened when they choke, better than winning he thinks.