• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you agree with the final result?

Do you agree with the final result?

• Total voters

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
As long as the rules themselves are clearly set out and applied consistently then they are absolutely procedurally fair as far as I am concerned.

TheJediBrah

Completely missing the point. I wasn't comparing goals and boundaries, I was comparing sports where a title has a number of reserve criteria for deciding the victor, and how in those sports, like cricket, no-one is considering it until right at the very end if the one in a million situation where it comes into play occurs. Again, they are rubbish distinguishers compared to the actual sport played normally, but they are there and people understand them. And in other sports, accept them if they are used.
No I didn't miss any point. What you said was obvious and I don't see why you think anyone was missing it. My point was a different one, and it seems that you missed it.

cpr

No I didn't miss any point. What you said was obvious and I don't see why you think anyone was missing it. My point was a different one, and it seems that you missed it.
If you're point was a different one, then why the **** was it done as a quote and a question to my post? Forgive me for missing your point if you frame it as a direct response to a post you now say wasn't actually what you were talking about

So now you've acknowledge you got the jist of my post, in that I was comparing rules and not boundaries to goals, tell me why you felt the need to ask me such a condescending question about the basics of sport that wasn't relevant to the point that was on discussion.
Did you feel you needed to double check my learning? Do you always vet people before debating? Or did you just feel you needed to make yourself feel a little better so made a ****ish post about something irrelevant for a cheap dopamine hit?

zorax

likes this
TJB's posting has been dire this whole saga so i've taken to just ignoring him till he posts something relatively coherant tbh

yes i realise people do that to me too

cpr

Not for a long time, now 'office manager' for a local company. But now the MD's just phoned to say he's coming in so you've all cursed it/

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Last time I saw my manager she said to me "If you don't show up at work I just assume you've got somewhere more important to be."

Yesterday I had a very important shift trolling people on RDR Online, so naturally I could not go in.

trundler

The point is that not everything which is in the rulebook is fair. People aren't saying that the rule was magically invented at the last moment to screw over NZ, it's that the rule as it exists is unfair to whichever team gets screwed over. The "bOtH TeAmS kNeW AbOut it" posts are hence very tiresome.
It's fair in the same way pitch doctoring is fair.

trundler

Brah is a simple man with no pretences. At least he's admitted that his views are simplistic and volatile. Decent bloke. Way better than word salads going in circles for pages. The loss of braincells is far more severe with zorax who thinks he's Hegel or summat.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Brah is a simple man with no pretences. At least he's admitted that his views are simplistic and volatile. Decent bloke. Way better than word salads going in circles for pages. The loss of braincells is far more severe with zorax who thinks he's Hegel or summat.
A good and succinct assessment of the situation this.

I might use this in the Furball Assessment thread as an example of good practice. Give him something to work towards.

TheJediBrah

If you're point was a different one, then why the **** was it done as a quote and a question to my post?
M8 it's adding on to the discussion. You don't have to take every response to a post as a personal attack.

Basically you said "it's like in soccer when . . . " and I said "it's not like that because the one in soccer makes sense". Pretty straightforward interaction.

Forgive me for missing your point if you frame it as a direct response to a post you now say wasn't actually what you were talking about
see above

So now you've acknowledge you got the jist of my post, in that I was comparing rules and not boundaries to goals,
You did though. Even if you didn't mean to in your own head, you directly compared them.

tell me why you felt the need to ask me such a condescending question about the basics of sport that wasn't relevant to the point that was on discussion.
ask anyone here, I'm never condescending. And it was relevant, see above. It's literally what you said word for word.

Did you feel you needed to double check my learning?
I mean sure if it will help you learn. How was I supposed to know what you meant in your head when you said something different in your post? For all I know you're just simple and didn't understand the difference. (ftr I'm not saying you are simple, it's just a hypothetical)

As for the rest of your melt down, let's just say that whatever the nothing you're getting paid all day to do is, it's clearly stressing you out so I hope you figure out a coping mechanism. Bit of an overreaction because you got offended that someone didn't read your mind and responded to what you said rather than what you meant to say but weren't eloquent or meticulous enough to actually say.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
M8 it's adding on to the discussion. You don't have to take every response to a post as a personal attack.

Basically you said "it's like in soccer when . . . " and I said "it's not like that because the one in soccer makes sense". Pretty straightforward interaction.

see above

You did though. Even if you didn't mean to in your own head, you directly compared them.

ask anyone here, I'm never condescending. And it was relevant, see above. It's literally what you said word for word.

I mean sure if it will help you learn. How was I supposed to know what you meant in your head when you said something different in your post? For all I know you're just simple and didn't understand the difference. (ftr I'm not saying you are simple, it's just a hypothetical)

As for the rest of your melt down, let's just say that whatever the nothing you're getting paid all day to do is, it's clearly stressing you out so I hope you figure out a coping mechanism. Bit of an overreaction because you got offended that someone didn't read your mind and responded to what you said rather than what you meant to say but weren't eloquent or meticulous enough to actually say.
:laugh:

trundler

I'll stand by that. If you ignore any of his posting regarding umpiring/officiating/administration, and the essays (which I don't read anywhere tbf) zorax is more tolerable than a lot of posters on here.
That's the opposite of 'if you take out his big scores he looks a lot less impressive' logic, ha.