• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you wish people Happy Birthday on Facebook?

zorax

likes this
I usually don't.

If it's someone that I am close enough to that I want to wish them, I can usually message them directly on WhatsApp/FB and so I don't post on their walls.

If it's someone who I won't wish privately (either because I barely know then or I cbf) then I don't bother with a wall post

The tricky bit is people who I won't wish privately, but whom I know I'll see IRL sooner than later, or someone that I have just newly met. Not quite sure how to navigate that scenario, so usually err on the side of posting on their wall anyways. But I try to never be the first one to wish - looks too eagre otherwise.

Your thoughts?

Adders

Just do what you always do........****ing like a post from someone else wishing the HB.

zorax

likes this
Hahaha

I actually like a lot fewer posts on FB in general because it's such a public place. I don't want people pulling me up IRL because they have an issue about something I liked or didn't like

Burgey

After your snitching on Flem and the way you've gone about things in the BOTM thread,I won't wish you happy anything, other than gonorrhea.

Smudge

I used to cheerily dish out happy birthday posts.

Now I use their special days as an opportunity to either cull them from my friend list or unfollow them.

vcs

No one I know uses Facebook anymore, I think they're surviving on past glories and having acquired Whatsapp (he said while knowing nothing about Facebook).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My usage is probably like 9000% lower than it used to be but it's still heavily used by many I would suggest