• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs Australia - an ODI series too far?

zaremba

Agree with slippy.

But then again they will be determined to milk this particular cow till its udder bleeds. So it'd probably end up as best of eleven.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Best of seven series would be better. If one team wins 4-0 then thats it.

With a best of series it actually gives you a feeling the games matter. More often than not you get to the 6th and 7th games and the series is decided. Thats what kills the fun.

If England and Australia are locked 3-3 going into the 7th will you be bored and not watch it? Doubt it. Most cricket fans would still be looking forward to the final match.

If England or Australian are 4-1 up going into the final 2 matches what the hell is the point.

I had a lot more interested in the 5th game against NZ in Australia this year than the 5th game against South AFrica after they had already won the series.
Yeah fair point, the series we had with India in 07 was a belter

PhoenixFire

Yeah but how would you deal with the grounds and stuff for the final 3 matches if you don't know whether they would be played on or not?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
True, but that was only one ground that missed out and it would be a ground that had probably already hosted a few matches in the series.

zaremba

Always confuses me when people rage about 7 match ODI series, the 2007 England-India series was probably the best ODI series I've watched.
Not sure there's any rage as such, but I do have to admit that the prospect of 7 damp autumnal one dayers doesn't send me into shivers of anticipation. Which is a shame - if this had been a 3 match series before the Tests began, I'd be licking my lips.