• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2012 Tipping Comp

Johnners

Round 3 & Quarter Finals Update

Round 3 proved to be rather more difficult to tip opposed to the previous round as only Noble One & Somerset walked away with more than the equivalent of 1 correct prediction.

Best tip of the round was Noble One correctly tipping the Portugal/Netherlands scoreline - it's also worth noting that he & Somerset were the only 2 people person to record 2 perfect tips, and accounted for 4 of 9 perfect predictions in the round.

Round 3

Noble One 6
Somerset 5
ripper868 3
vic_orthdox 3
Johnners 3
Jager 2
Pothas 1
grecian 1
fredfertang 0
NUFAN 0
marc71178 0
Samuel_Vimes 0
salman85 0
GIMH -1
FaaipDeOiad -2
BoyBrumby -2
Marcuss -6
Pup Clarke -6
Tom Halsey -8
biased indian -8

There were no real surprises in the quarter finals, and the fact that only 3 people who actually tipped finished with less than 3 points. Faaip lead the way and actually predicted the right outcome for all the matches. Brumby also predicted the correct outcome for all 4 matches, however he did was unable to nail the perfect scoreline for any of the matches.

Tip of the round probably belongs to Fred & Pothas nailing the Spain/France scoreline.

Quarter Finals

FaaipDeOiad 7
BoyBrumby 6
fredfertang 5
Somerset 5
GIMH 5
Noble One 5
Pothas 4
ripper868 4
vic_orthdox 4
Johnners 4
Samuel_Vimes 2
NUFAN 1
marc71178 1
Tom Halsey -2
biased indian -2
grecian -2
Marcuss -2
Jager -2
salman85 -2
Pup Clarke -2

Noble One continues to lead after 2 more solid rounds whilst Somerset's "1-0" strategy seems to be paying off as he sits just one point adrift. It looks at this stage as if the winner will come from the 2 top barring miraculous circumstances - The race for 3rd is still on though with just 3 points covering the next seven places. Those in italic print have failed to tip since round 3

Overall

1) Noble One 22
22) Somerset 21
=3) FaaipDeOiad 15
=3) Pothas 15
=3) vic_orthdox 15
=6) GIMH 14
=6) BoyBrumby 14
=8) fredfertang 12
=8) ripper868 12
10) NUFAN 10
11) Johnners 4
=12) marc71178 3
=12) grecian 3
=14) Samuel_Vimes 0
=14) Jager 0
16) Tom Halsey -3
17) Marcuss -7
18) salman85 -8
19) biased indian -9
20) Pup Clarke -12

Somerset

Surprised Noble One and I have such a large gap on the rest of the table - looks like a shootout between us two for the gold.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Johnners, I think you've scored me incorrectly in the quarters (maybe). I picked the winner in 3/4 and picked the margin correct once I think and still scored 0.

Spain 0 - Portugal 1
Germany 1 - Italy 0

Johnners

Thursday 21 June
Czech Republic v Portugal 2-1

Friday 22 June
Germany v Greece 2-0

Saturday 23 June
Spain v France 2-1

Sunday 24 June
England v Italy 0-1
Tips were for the end of Extra time (if applicable)

-1 for Czech/Port
2 Points for Correct margin Germany/Greece
1 Point for correct victor Spain/France
-1 For England/Italy as it was a Draw at the end of ET

Apologies though as I didn't really make it clear what would happen for games that went to Penalties :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oh okay. It seems weird that the people who picked Italy scored the same score of minus 1 as the people who picked England, but I will live. :) Thanks for explaining.