• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final : India vs Sri Lanka

Burgey

This stuff with Yuvraj is appalling isn't it? Can't help but agree with Daeman, as much as that hurts. People have ridiculously short memories.

The bloke has done some amazing things for India in LO cricket.

ankitj

ffs. Went out and spent money to watch the game only for Yuvraj to **** it up. So many of us here ****ing called this ****. It was inevitable.

That said I'm very sad that I've just witnessed what's probably going to be his last match for India. He's been fantastic for us in his limited overs games pre cancer and it's a shame he fell away so abruptly because of something beyond his control. Still an absolute legend for recovering and actually managing to compete at the top level again. Deserved better than a humiliating exit and the hate of hundreds of thousands of fans.
That's why I say it's Dhoni's fault. Everyone knew how Yuvraj was struggling. But Dhoni in his classic do-opposite-of-what-makes-sense sent Yuvraj ahead of Raina and himself. I don't know when will he learn to do what I am sure his mind tells is right too.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I dunno. It wasn't Dhoni's greatest ever decision but it was still only the 11th over. You either do not play Yuvraj at all, or Yuvraj comes in after 11 overs. If you're not bringing Yuvi in there there's basically no point of him playing.

So the real question is whether he should have even been in the XI ahead of others.

Maximas

Bed time for me too. Feelng flat as a tack, more-so because of the manner of the loss than the actual loss.

Again, happy for Mahela and Sanga though. Love them both to bits. And happy for Lanka fans who would have been reeling after the unprovoked attack they received in the other thread from Burgey and his buddies.
What happened? which thread?

G.I.Joe

Am I the only one driven crazy by Dhoni sitting there pounding his thigh all through the game in the dugout? What was that all about? Nervousness, superstition?

mohammad16

It's okay gaiyz, we're saving it up for 2015.
This Indian team is tailor made for spinning, low and slow tracks, or flat pitches. The only player who has the skills to excel in Australia is Kohli, and to a certain extent Dhoni, India at best will be outside Favourites in that world cup.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Am I the only one driven crazy by Dhoni sitting there pounding his thigh all through the game in the dugout? What was that all about? Nervousness, superstition?
Yeah, it was the first time I saw Dhoni doing that and it was quite irritating. And in the background the commentators pointing out how cool Dhoni was in the situation.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Guess it is his way of applauding while keeping his calm cool demeanour.

OverratedSanity

This Indian team is tailor made for spinning, low and slow tracks, or flat pitches. The only player who has the skills to excel in Australia is Kohli, and to a certain extent Dhoni, India at best will be outside Favourites in that world cup.
Rohit will do well if there isn't much sideways movement imo. Loves driving on the up

OverratedSanity

To be honest, people are being way too harsh on Yuvraj, I doubt anyone else in his place would have scored at a strike rate of 300 or something. Srilankans bowled really well, even kohli started off pretty slow, and he did get a couple of loose deliveries to put away towards the end, other then that, you are at best looking at 15-20 runs max added to that total, and Sri Lanka got home with enough time to spare.

India were simply out played, and they had no answers.
15-20 runs is massive in this format. Like, absolutely humongous.

I don't understand why criticizing a player for a poor performance which has cost us the trophy means we don't remember his past achievements. That doesn't make him beyond reproach. He deserves the criticism because it really was a poor innings I'm sure even he'd agree. That said, stoning his house is typical pathetic fanatical India and is absolutely disgraceful. Call for him to be dropped if you want and abuse him all you want on social media you idiots.

And i do put more of the blame on Dhoni anyway

Daemon

It was painfully obvious he shouldn't have been playing. A selection blunder more than anything.

Malinga is an absolute champ ftr. That last over was amazing and really underrated. Can't fathom why more bowlers don't practice those yorkers like he does.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
It was painfully obvious he shouldn't have been playing. A selection blunder more than anything.

Malinga is an absolute champ ftr. That last over was amazing and really underrated. Can't fathom why more bowlers don't practice those yorkers like he does.
It does provide validation for us armchair critics, tbh - both he and Kula didn't try any fancy ****, they just bowled wide yorkers to two of the finest LO finishers the game has seen and completely tied them down.

Like so many people said bowlers should.

hendrix

Shami might do ok if they figure out how to set fields for him.

Daemon

I'm just happy the Indians have shown a willingness to drop underperforming players of late (Yuvraj the exception but still).