• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

General aviation thread

Top_Cat

Loved by passengers, hated by airlines, despised by airports and hated by Airbus itself. So much for the Jumbo killer.

That said, even the 747's future appears in doubt by some reports. Smaller jets (777, 787, A350) one is in with a chance of filling with, as they say, SLF, have similar range and much lower costs to run.

Spark

Global Moderator
Loved by passengers, hated by airlines, despised by airports and hated by Airbus itself. So much for the Jumbo killer.

That said, even the 747's future appears in doubt by some reports. Smaller jets (777, 787, A350) one is in with a chance of filling with, as they say, SLF, have similar range and much lower costs to run.
Even the 777X seems to be too big for many airlines to stomach. Sounds like everyone is desperately wishing that the 757 was still a thing.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

74's generally at least have a future lugging boxes, Scarebus birds, not so much.

You know we'll be the only ****s posting in here right.

Top_Cat

That's fair. Aviation has deliberately arcane syntax and is for rich bastards. Just by calling yourself a pilot says a lot about you to others. I paid for every damn lesson, checkride and map myself but let's face it, there's no way to not look like a wanker just for bringing it up.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That's fair. Aviation has deliberately arcane syntax and is for rich bastards. Just by calling yourself a pilot says a lot about you to others. I paid for every damn lesson, checkride and map myself but let's face it, there's no way to not look like a wanker just for bringing it up.
Haha tbf iirc when you posted about the topic it was genuinely interesting and sightful. When hingston went on and on about it, it was like...what you described in your post. In fact most of his posts were very close to what you described actually.

vcs

I never used it, damn it.

I really need to start traveling more and visit some countries.

Burgey

I never used it, damn it.

I really need to start traveling more and visit some countries.
I presume they’ll still be around for years yet tbf.

Always enjoyed traveling on them compared with other long haul airliners, but tbh any long haul flight is a **** show. At least the A380 was a quieter ride and a bit roomier.

Remarkable piece of technology really.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Only ever went on business class, paid for by work obv, and it was something else.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Any other nerds use to fly flight simulators and flight combat simulators on their PC back in the day?

m-me neither...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Went to a place in Austria last weekend where some guy had built up an A380 simulator on his goddamn farm. It was fairly realistic, said a guy who wants to be a pilot.

I also had one fly right above my head at work and **** that thing just rules the skies. Glad it's going out.