• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great Moments in World Cup History

Salamuddin

Reckon Yuvraj's innings against Oz in the WC QF in 2011 was pretty special. That match decided the world cup IMO - India were always going to be extremely difficult to beat after ending Australia's reign that stretched batch to the 1996 final.

G.I.Joe

Reckon Yuvraj's innings against Oz in the WC QF in 2011 was pretty special. That match decided the world cup IMO - India were always going to be extremely difficult to beat after ending Australia's reign that stretched batch to the 1996 final.
Gary Kirsten talks up Raina's significance to India's WC win courtesy his performance in that game.

Raina - worth every cent of that $4 million :ph34r:

G.I.Joe

They presciently chose to not participate in the most boring Super (eight) stage of a WC ever, IIRC.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
That Tendy inning of 2003 against pakistan was sublime. That dropped catch off Wasim was so heartbreaking. Still can't get it out of my head. The match could have been totally different but sigh. What an innings. That six over 3rd man off Shoaib was just out of this world

flibbertyjibber

We haven't mentioned the Pollock cock up with Duckworth/Lewis yet. That has to be one of the greatest moments ever, well it is as it isn't your own team.