• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A: Germany, Costa Rica, Poland, Ecuador

Simon

WCC Staff
Germany will get through, 2nd spot is up for grabs imo, if Costa Rica can get a draw against Germany i think they'll qualify, they are my roughies to do well in this tournament.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Germany and Ecuador for me. Poland are no better than in 2002, when Korea and US got the better of them - and Costa Rica have messed up selection policies.

Simon

WCC Staff
Poland arent that good, i dont see how they can be considered so easily to go through...

Great Birtannia

broncoman said:
Poland arent that good, i dont see how they can be considered so easily to go through...
Costa Rica are rubbish and Ecuador are no good away from their high altitude fortress. Poland at least have a few decent attacking players, unfortunately for them their two best lead the line for the krauts. Poor group.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Germany to go thorugh along with another team. Second spot is up for grabs really.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yer Erics will top the group fairly comfortably, with Poland second. Poles have few stars, but that lad who plays for Celtic should be good for a goal or two. Slightly iffy defence maybe, but as Ecuador's top striker is Agustin Delgado, who scored about half a goal in two years with the Saints, I don't see it being a hug e prob.

1) Germany
2) Poland
3) Ecuador
4) Costa Rica

superkingdave

hmnm not the greatest group. Germany are heading out early for me, but they should get through the group, i can see them slipping up in a game though, so they might not top the group. Poland to join them, think they'll deal with the other two pretty well

Jungle Jumbo

Can't see myself avidly watching the games in this group. Poland and Germany - how can a team as poor as Ecuador get to the finals again?

Pothas

Jungle Jumbo said:
Can't see myself avidly watching the games in this group. Poland and Germany - how can a team as poor as Ecuador get to the finals again?
By beating Brazil in one of the qualifying games.

Great Birtannia

Jungle Jumbo said:
Ecuador finished third behind Brazil and Argentina IIRC.

SAM nations generally all win at home in qualifiers and struggle away. Brazil and Argentina for instance have never won against Uruguay in Montevideo! Quito is 3000m above sea level so that just adds to the degree of difficulty.

I don't think the Germans have much of a side but it is at least on par with their 2002 side, what they lose down back they make up for in a much improved attack. The English have a massive chip when it comes to the krauts, I can't see them losing until at least the quarters.

TT Boy

Germany & Poland, the Poles could easily top this group and their game against Germany will definitely be one to watch other than that for my mind the worst group in tournament by far.

Craig

World Traveller
Miroslav Klose to cash in against Costa Rica and Ecuador.

I wouldn't put it pass Bayern new boy Lukas Poldoski (Poldoski has recently signed for Bayern on a free if you didn't know) having a good time in this tournament.

Robertinho

1. Germany
2. Poland
3. Ecuador
4. Costa Rica

I don't know too much about Ecuador or Costa Rica, so I may be wrong, but I rate Poland highly enough to expect them to comfortably finish 2nd.

Craig

World Traveller
Costa Rica's main claim to fame would have to be that of Paulo Wanchope.(?)

I suppose a few Derby fans wouldn't mind him back if they could afford his wages?

Pedro Delgado

I saw his first appearance, as sub for the reserves many years back, he played on the right wing and skinned about ten players during his run out, not long after that he made his first-team debut for us at Olf Trafford and scored a wonder goal; we won too :)

On his day he was so incredible, but towards the end his day didn't arrive as often as it should. Must admit I haven't seen him play for a long time, has he still gorrit? The romantic in me says yes I'd have him back.