• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C

Anna

England need to win the group to avoid the All Blacks at the Q/Fs, which would be a good idea!

Tim

no offence to Georgia, but its highly likely England will rack 100+ points up against them.

nibbs

Go Georgia. Hopefully a waitress can give all the Poms food piosoning the night before. At half-time England will become very sick and will have to default, giving the win to Georgia...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh, a try.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not a good performance, but the win was the main thing - better to play poor now and raise the game against the bigger sides!

I hope Samoa play like that vs. SA - could see an upset there.

Tim

And how many times did Dellaglio, Johnson & Back kill the ball or be penalised in a ruck?
Samoa have shown the way for other teams, they went after Wilkinson & England looked lost.

They may also be worried about that rule breach when they had 16 men on the field, if they lose the match then South Africa v Samoa will be a huge match.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
They may also be worried about that rule breach when they had 16 men on the field, if they lose the match then South Africa v Samoa will be a huge match.
Rule Breach?

Lose what match? SA vs Samoa is a quarter final play-off.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
England had 16 on the park with around 5 minutes left for around a minute because someone got confused with the substitutions.

Reminds me of a certain Tranmere v Sunderland FA Cup game.

Tim

The illegal player was Dan Luger I believe & during the 34 seconds he was on the field, I think he made a couple of tackles.

Tim

In 1995, during the ARL regular season the Auckland Warriors had 1 extra player on the field for 25 seconds & subsequently missed out on the play-offs because they lost 2 points as a result of the incident.

I don't think England will lose points..but if it did happen & Samoa lose to South Africa..would that cost England a spot in the quarter finals?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
The illegal player was Dan Luger I believe & during the 34 seconds he was on the field, I think he made a couple of tackles.
Apparently he made 1 tackle, according to the reports over here - then he was spotted.

I think it was a genuine oversight, and the Samoans have been very clear in the fact they don't want to make a song and dance about it.

In all honesty I don't think it affected the outcome, but I wonder who is actually to blame - the English bench, the official or both?