• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F (Super 8) - Sri Lanka, Australia, India, West Indies

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Steve Smith I love you! Really good to watch today from Australia.

But really, what is Clarke doing in the side? Adds nothing.

Top_Cat

Loving that Smith is getting a few c&b's too. Big indicator of some serious drop going on, Test spot only a matter of time it would seem.

Get the feeling Hauritz is going to be like Peter Taylor and dropped as soon as a brilliant young star comes along and his wicket rate drops off. Sorry chum but we found someone better....

JBH001

Posts like these are purely designed to rile up other members and aren't needed. If your teams won or progressed ahead of another team, take the high road and don't gloat about it at the expense of other teams.
Dude, the moderating has come on a bit since CW had a fit of navel gazing a while ago, but in this case you have it off base, at least where I am concerned.

1. I don't have a track history of doing this sort of thing on CW.

2. If you read the rest of that page and the next, you would see that I was responding to Cevno. He replied back and we had a bit of a chuckle about it. No harm done and all that.

Migara

Dhoni's innings was Clarke-like. There might be something to the argument that was made in the Clarke thread that he is not much better than Clarke.
You've easily forgot that last 4 overs by Malinga and Perera were top notch, everything on the block hole basically.

Jayzamann

First Aus match I have missed. I can barely justify watching the 11pm games, and even less so for the 3am games. Really praying for some nicer scheduling, especially now Australia is actually not sucking a fat one at t20i.

honestbharani

Ahaha, I am sensing some bitterness from some Indian supporters at the dire-ness of their team.

What is it now? No Super 8 wins in two tournaments?

That was a great win for SL. I didnt think we'd do it, thinking 144 was the target but those two sixes just changed everything, and that last one to win was a beauty.

If WI win and win well, fair play to them, as we deserve it for a shoddy implosion against Australia.

Still, no doubt as to who I will be supporting, come on Australia!
Well, I always expected it.. So no disappointment or bitterness or reactions here.. I was just amazed some people actually had us as favourites going into the tournament.. We cant hit the short ball to save our lives..

But one question I do have is, are the other batsmen (the non-subcontinent ones) really THAT good with the pull shot? I think to pull off consistently, it is one of the hardest shots in the game, esp. against really quick guys bowling short with two men back (3 if you add in the deep midwicket) and one guy still in the circle to cut off the single.. Perhaps a tactic that should be used more often against the other sides too?

Last edited:

Jayzamann

Even one of the classiest pullers of my time (Poontang) has been having issues with the pull and hook recently.

Howsie

A disgruntled fan by the sounds of it.

Dear Team India:

We heard all about your star-studded team in 2009, as you were equipped with 50+ games of experience due to the IPL in South Africa. You practiced hitting 6s on 50 metre boundaries, and taking wickets against substandard batsmen, and called it a 'Citi moment of success'. The pitches in South Africa were "difficult" to bat on, and the batsmen were striking the ball as hard as ever across those 45 metre boundaries. The Indian team in that 2009 T20 WC gave a star performance in which they only had wins against Bangladesh and Ireland to show for. The excuses made by Coach Kirsten? Fatigue due to the menace that is the IPL. What lessons were learned by the Indian team in 2009? I still don't forget, Dhoni saying that he already had one eye on the T20 WC in the West Indies. At the time, the Indian players got plenty of phainty from the Indian media and supporters about their inability to play the short ball. Has anything changed? Not really.

In 2010, a failure to win a single Super 8 game (once again). The same excuses come back up. Who should not have played, who should have played (it is ironic that it was Jadeja who played a slow 25 off 35 ball innings in 2009 vs England, and is again being admonished for his poor performance in 2010). We again see the failure of the Indian batting line-up against short ball bowling. Nothing's changed since 2009.

The IPL (a useless competition with substandard bowlers and batsmen being battered around by stars in a ground that has a radius of no more than 60 metres) ended a grand total of 5 days before the WC, so exactly where are the BCCI's loyalties? Considering that Kirsten had specificially blamed the IPL for fatigue in 2009, surely if the BCCI really had Team India on it's mind, would not the IPL have ended maybe a week earlier at the very least? I'm intrigued to hear the excuses this time around. Dhoni didn't blame the IPL, but where's that paycheck coming from?

Also, while we're at it, produce a god damn bowler India. Your best bowler in this tournament was considered by all critics and fans alike to be Harbhajan Singh. He got a grand total of 0 wickets in the 20 overs he bowled. That is downright pathetic in T20 - his role is to be an attacking bowler, to get his team wickets to slow down the run rate. Granted, the economy rate is there, but 0 wickets?

Perhaps it's time for a new captain too. Mahendra Singh Dhoni is in my opinion, a pussy. He comes in when his openers get his team off to a flying start, and whenever quick wickets fall, he hides behind his rockstars that consist of Yuvraj and Rohit Sharma.

Now India, it's time to take your rockstars and titans home. Perhaps I won't get to write something so condemning and embarassing (to you guys) in the next competition. As they say, the 3rd time is the charm

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Calling Dhoni a pussy when he's lost one test match so far as captain.

I get frustrated with Dhoni's tactics at times too, but that's not on.

Noble One

How awesome was the delivery by Smith to dismiss Pollard?

To think how far Smith has come in the past 12 months with his bowling. Starting to show some genuine promise, has the control that he never used to have.

Teja.

Global Moderator
The way I see it, Dhoni is a pathetic T20 Captain, very good(and learning) Test captain and one of the best ODI captains I've seen. So as long as He does well in the other formats, I couldn't care less.

Kylez

Really good to see Australia winning all these 2020 games, have quite enjoyed watching it all aswell. Confident we can beat Pakistan, tipping Taity to have a big one.

Sir Alex

Banned
He captains Chennai much better than he captains India in T20s for some reason.
Ha ha really! He has a World Cup win ffs. He can't help pathetic selections, inability of batsmen to play the hook and crap tournament rules.

People going overboard really.