• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Heef Channels the Likely Lads (aka NZ vs. Aus replay)

HeathDavisSpeed

Very interesting field set for Steve Smith. A kind of short cover, but then another fielder between short cover and point, but closer in than point. I've seen Smith go aerial over point before, but odd not to have a point but have a short-forward-point.

HeathDavisSpeed

Well, well, well. Looked like the arm ball from Vettori there - Smith caught behind. How this game has turned! 80-odd for 1 to 95-4. Mind you, Australia have been here already this tournament - vs. England - and we know how they bounced back from that.

HeathDavisSpeed

Ha. Well, 2nd ball back gets the wicket, but not such a good ball really. Chopped on by Maxwell. Poor shot. Massive pressure now for the new batsman.

Dan

Global Moderator
I should be writing an essay but I'm refreshing for Heef's commentary every few seconds instead. Gripping stuff; I feel like I'm watching this live!

viriya

I should be writing an essay but I'm refreshing for Heef's commentary every few seconds instead. Gripping stuff; I feel like I'm watching this live!
It's 3.47am where I'm at and I'm not sure if I should hit the sack or keep refreshing...

HeathDavisSpeed

where do you think the game is heading from here
Well - I know there's an early finish. So, I'd say Australia get rolled cheaply - somewhere between 150 and 200 and then NZ chase. Could still be enough runs for Australia to win, but would suggest a successful NZ chase.

Marsh gone now - similar to Maxwell, but a better ball. Marsh arguably had to play at that. Maxwell didn't.

EDIT: Might have to revise down that 150-200 - but Afghans were able to make 210-9 after being 95-7 and Australia have a really, really good lower order.

Last edited:

Spikey

Well - I know there's an early finish. So, I'd say Australia get rolled cheaply - somewhere between 150 and 200 and then NZ chase. Could still be enough runs for Australia to win, but would suggest a successful NZ chase.

Marsh gone now - similar to Maxwell, but a better ball. Marsh arguably had to play at that. Maxwell didn't.

EDIT: Might have to revise down that 150-200 - but Afghans were able to make 210-9 after being 95-7 and Australia have a really, really good lower order.
I actually where do you think the game of cricket is heading not this game but thanks for your answer

HeathDavisSpeed

Confusing that. A whistle-stop replay of all the wickets into the next ball where a wicket was taken. Had to do a double-take.

Clarke gone to one of those short cover type positions. He hit that well, but straight to Williamson. Not smart from Clarke.

HeathDavisSpeed

I actually where do you think the game of cricket is heading not this game but thanks for your answer
The Game of Cricket was a website that some chap posted about on CW - which was effectively an online game like FromthePavilion, but instead of running a team - you had a single player who you could train and who could work his way up from club cricket (I recall local Wellington team Brooklyn Windmills were in the database). I assume this game, known colloquially as TGOC, is now defunct.

Does that answer your question?

#notc9commentary #favouritepizza

HeathDavisSpeed

Richardson + AN Other Aussie both telling Johnson to go for his shots. Gets out next ball. Aussie complains about him going for his shots.

Tbf, it wasn't a great shot - but at least he wasn't doing a Broad/Jeets.

EDIT: Might have been kind to Johnson. He was showing Boult all three stumps - Broadesque.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Wowowow! Lovely ball from Boult to get Starc.

Boult has succeeded here bowling a full length and the batsmen have either struggled with his angle or the ball has been moving enough to do some damage. Certainly not prodigious movement or even as much movement as in the England game.

Starc should take a lead from that. Similar bowler to Boult, and definitely able to get the ball to talk from that angle and that length. If Boult can do damage bowling like this, Starc should copy it and the New Zealand batsman might have similar travails.

Australia on line for a lower total than England!