• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help!

Mahindinho

I do find that my attacking FM (Brooker) is never far behind my defensive one (Gibb), despite being two levels behind on both primary and secondary (Remarkable vs Exceptional).

Interestingly, while Gibb's OD stats are slightly better (I've had both players since pretty much the start, and trained them up from similar levels), Brooker's better In FC. I'm fast coming round to the concept that attacking bowlers are more valuable in the longer form of the game.

I'm coming to the point where my first XI needs some serious rebuilding -- my plan is to skill trade for cash, selling senior players at 29/30 years old and augmenting whatever I get with the skill trade proceeds, to hopefully get the same players back, only a bit younger.

Marcuss

It's Friday afternoon though, and I'm bored at work. Here are my notes...

Hendrik
Very nice. Should be at the core of your team for years.
WK, bat, fld, (stm)
Now looks like this ..

Plays For: Torpoint CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 35,183
Wages: £3,388 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: strong Concentration: superb
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: superb
Fielding: competent

Decent? :D

Mahindinho

Now looks like this ..

Plays For: Torpoint CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 35,183
Wages: £3,388 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: strong Concentration: superb
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: superb
Fielding: competent

Decent? :D
Yeah, not bad :)

I'd drop the fielding net now though, and concentrate on either his batting or WK. English Div IIIish teams at the moment regard something like Remarkable batting as their "decent" minimum, and most have the same level of WK. Now, with almost three seasons left of training, this lad would end up roughly there for his batting, and not far off with his 'keeping. His secondaries will take care of themselves.

Marcuss

For Hendrik :
2 Batting
1 Keeping
1 Stam

Martin Ocarroll - 19 yo, BT Rating=21,968
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and fatigued fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: respectable

Currently on :
1 Bat
1 Bowl
1 Stam
1 Fielding

andruid

For Hendrik :
2 Batting
1 Keeping
1 Stam

Martin Ocarroll - 19 yo, BT Rating=21,968
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and fatigued fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: respectable

Currently on :
1 Bat
1 Bowl
1 Stam
1 Fielding
Sugget an additional keeper net to sort out the gaps between primaries and secondary skills.