• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I felt like sharing this story

Burpey

The story's from a while ago, but for some reason I was only told it today.

A few of the girls were out clubbing, Havana's I believe for the Sydneysiders who know of it. Anyways, this Carribbean bloke starts hitting on one of the girls. He's a fair bit older than her thought; she's 18, he's 30-odd. She's not really interested in what he has to say. He's talking himself up and all that; he talks about how he's an awesome sportsman and she surely recognises him. However, she's not buying it at all, some seedy tosser who's trying to take advantage of her. Eventually, she tells him to get lost. Her friends come up to her after this and are shocked. "Why'd you just turn down Brian Lara?" Needless to say, she was shattered.

sideshowtim

Banned
She shoulda done what most inconsiderate women do after they sleep with Warne -- Sell it to the media for millions.

Anyway I doubt this story is too valid seeing as though Lara has been married for several years now and has a couple of kids.

PY

lord_of_darkness said:
Aw shame on her.. she coulda suck it or not and threaten to tell the media for a million.
Let's try keep the sexual references to a minimum thanks Lord.

Steulen

This reminds me...

when I was attending the Netherlands vs. Sri Lanka ODI recently, there was this girl next to me who was bitterly complaining to a friend about how she had been chatted up by some dork the evening before. Up walks Lasith Malinga and the girl goes: OMG that's him! That's him!

Really funny, and true, unlike the thread-starting story.

Piper

sideshowtim said:
She shoulda done what most inconsiderate women do after they sleep with Warne -- Sell it to the media for millions.

Anyway I doubt this story is too valid seeing as though Lara has been married for several years now and has a couple of kids.
And since when has that stopped anyone?

Kweek

Steulen said:
This reminds me...

when I was attending the Netherlands vs. Sri Lanka ODI recently, there was this girl next to me who was bitterly complaining to a friend about how she had been chatted up by some dork the evening before. Up walks Lasith Malinga and the girl goes: OMG that's him! That's him!

Really funny, and true, unlike the thread-starting story.
hahaha :laugh: classic :D

so where were you seated during that game?
I was to be found around Tim de Leede's van for most of the day, you ?

Steulen

I was there for the second game, watched most of it from the stand to the left of the van, middle of the bottom row.

Kweek

oke, so you saw us doing f-all :p
was a oke game, loved the hollands innings :)
almost lost my wallet though :s