• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Twenty20 2012 WC Squads

Jacknife

Apparently the ICC confirm that Kevin Pietersen COULD still be included in England's 15 man squad even though he's been left out of provisional 30.

Jacknife

Croft deserves to be in that squad given his form this season- as does batty tbf. Root really isn't much of a T20 bat.
Not sure what Root's doing there tbf, I thought they may have been tempted to pick Shah again.

Didn't notice Croft's name there at first, yes he's improved a fair bit the past couple of years not sure he'll make the final cut though.

Last edited:

Jacknife

Good to see Prior in the squad, been playing pretty well in the T20s.
Yes he has, I'd like him to get another chance in the Twnety20 side, he's been absolutely monstering the bowlers this year. You could argue he'd get in as purely a batsman but obviously if he was picked with Kieswetter he'd have the gloves.

nsniks

India

Probables: MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, R Ashwin, Pragyan Ojha, Umesh Yadav, Ashok Dinda, Ajinkya Rahane, Manoj Tiwary, Rahul Sharma, Vinay Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh, Robin Uthappa, Irfan Pathan, Yusuf Pathan, Mandeep Singh, Piyush Chawla, Ravindra Jadeja, Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Harbhajan Singh, Munaf Patel, Naman Ojha, Dinesh Karthik, Praveen Kumar, L Balaji.

Looks fine. Exclusion of Awana is surprising if he isn't injured. Awana was the best Indian bowler during the IPL. Don't want to see Munaf Patel near the final 15.
Surprised that Awana isnt selected, he was one of the best bowlers in IPL. Dont know why Harbhajan is selected in probables, had done absolutely nothing to warrant selection since he has been dropped

Viscount Tom

Funny thing is without Pietersen Prior's one of the best people in that 30 for the No.3 slot in T20 side.

Hales
Kies
Prior
Bopara
Morgan
Buttler
Bresnan
Swann
Broad
Anderson/ Dernbach
Finn

Last edited:

Manee

Surprised that Awana isnt selected, he was one of the best bowlers in IPL. Dont know why Harbhajan is selected in probables, had done absolutely nothing to warrant selection since he has been dropped
Because of his batting and experience, I'm happy for him to be a T20 probable.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not sure what Root's doing there tbf, I thought they may have been tempted to pick Shah again.
Root's just not a T20 player, is he? Never even made 50.

Continuing our ignoble tradition of picking players for formats they're pretty much completely unsuited to.

Would've said Moore or (as we have no issues swiping Irishmen) Stirling might've been better shouts.

Stumpcam

I think these will make it as the final 15 for England

Broad
Anderson
Bopara
Bresnan
Briggs
Buttler
Davies
Hales
Kieswetter
Lumb