• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In Combination with Blackberry, Burgey presents "The Hangover Corner"

Top_Cat

Had a lot to drink on Friday for the first time in ages but not hungover so suck it, Jack. It's called water; drink it and you'll survive!

Shounak

Banned
I've got the perfect hangover cure.. Well prevention..

When you've finished your big night, drink heaps and heaps of water before you go to sleep or knock off.. Force yourself through 2 litres of water.. It's hard, but it works wonders..

It won't work if you're passed out drunk.. In which case, your hangover will last a whole weekend..

Kweek

euh, I join you all.
my brother became 25 yesterday, and he invited his uni mates(13 of em) and as you all know 25 year olds drink...a lot...so I joined, never saw that much wine :)
so yeah, I got a hangover :/
tis not to bad, thirsty and a bit headachy

Kweek

Shounak said:

When you've finished your big night, drink heaps and heaps of water before you go to sleep or knock off.. Force yourself through 2 litres of water.. It's hard, but it works wonders..

It won't work if you're passed out drunk.. In which case, your hangover will last a whole weekend..
old thing, but I cant get myself to drink that much lol.

Shounak

Banned
The thing I read was have a drink of water between every drink.. What's the bloody point??

Drink it with a beer bong.. A big hose with a funnel on the end.. If made well, it also has an adjustable tap along the hose..

Finishing 4 beers and a bottle of Jack can be successfully completed in less then 10 seconds..

Although I must admit, I've never tried it with water..

Matteh

I've found that stumbling back into my flat drunk and making a cup of tea prevents a hangover....
as does not mixing grape + hop + grain - i.e. don't have wine + beer in a night

_Ed_

Shounak said:
I learnt that the hard way a while back. No more spirits for me.

Anyway, I'm jealous. Haven't had a good night out for a few weeks now. Instead I've been going to the uni bar with friends during the afternoon. :unsure:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Anna said:
I'll be joining in week on tues.....my b'day, woo :D :D

I've got some 18th and a 19th birthday parties to celebrate in consecutive days soon. That'll be tops :) Then my own a week later :D

FaaipDeOiad

Good timing with the thread. Somehow got talked into having green ginger wine in my beer last night (attempting to impersonate a 70 year old, probably), for the last half-dozen or so. I don't normally suffer from particularly bad hangovers, but this morning wasn't a great deal of fun.

FaaipDeOiad

Shounak said:

Yeah. The main cause of hangovers is simply dehydration, so if you take in enough fluids without alcohol before you sleep, you'll be fine. Doesn't even have to be water, though water is best, any sort of non-alcoholic drink works fine.

The easiest way to make yourself do it is just to stay up until you aren't completely legless any more, because eventually you will get extremely thirsty and the water drinking will take care of itself. Otherwise, just force it down.