• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Introduce yourself

YCCCfan

Hi. Do how do you see Yorkshire doing in the coming season? As a Lancashire fan, I can only hope they don't do well at all :p
We as a county are in a transitional period ( well that's what we are told ) so a 3rd or 4th spot at best for us. I can't see anything other than another Surrey championship again this year. I'll personally miss our games at OT this coming season, especially as the hotels completed. It was great watching last year from the balcony with a glass of wine in hand.

andmark

We as a county are in a transitional period ( well that's what we are told ) so a 3rd or 4th spot at best for us. I can't see anything other than another Surrey championship again this year. I'll personally miss our games at OT this coming season, especially as the hotels completed. It was great watching last year from the balcony with a glass of wine in hand.
Yeah, the Roses matches are always a good occasion. I'm inclined to agree regarding Surrey as well unfortunately.

YCCCfan

Yeah, the Roses matches are always a good occasion. I'm inclined to agree regarding Surrey as well unfortunately.
Even with so many players on England duties they have such strength in reserve, Morkel is an absolute beast. I reckon you'll bounce straight back.

andmark

Even with so many players on England duties they have such strength in reserve, Morkel is an absolute beast. I reckon you'll bounce straight back.
Thanks, and yeah Morkel is a quality player. I reckon he'll have a great season as Cook will for Essex. It'll be fun to see them face each other.

Test_Fan_Only

I am a fan of cricket. HATE the shorter forms of the game, they are fake cricket, they are a blight on the game and ideally would not exist. TEST CRICKET ONLY.

Look forward to discussing test cricket and first class cricket with you all.

andmark

I am a fan of cricket. HATE the shorter forms of the game, they are fake cricket, they are a blight on the game and ideally would not exist. TEST CRICKET ONLY.

Look forward to discussing test cricket and first class cricket with you all.
Hi Test Fan. Thankfully, most in this forum agree with the sentiment that test cricket is the best form of cricket, although I'd just quickly say that I believe using all-caps to shout is against forum rules haha. Still though, you'll find discussion on all test matches on here, so yeah, I hope you enjoy it here. Welcome :)

Last edited:

Test_Fan_Only

All caps is considered as shouting, I used all caps because it is something I wanted to shout as emphasis on how I feel about the issue. I think the rule is about using all caps as whole posts.

andmark

All caps is considered as shouting, I used all caps because it is something I wanted to shout as emphasis on how I feel about the issue. I think the rule is about using all caps as whole posts.
Yeah, you're probably right. I was just being cautious just so you didn't accidentally walk into a rollicking or anything haha. Don't worry, and again welcome.