• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Invitation to Season 7 of the Mafia Championship

zorax

likes this
So CW Mafia has received an invite to participate in Season 7 of the Mafia Championship

I have forwarded the email to everyone in the CW mafia email ID's contact list. The email is as follows:

Hi!

I am addressing this invitation here as it seems to be the cleanest way of contacting someone involved in this mafia community - I do not wish to disrupt the ongoing game by posting in the thread.

I'm the head organizer of a very big Mafia Championship tournament, featuring 150 different communities, and I would like to extend an invitation to your community. I'm hoping this is the best way to go about this.

The Mafia Championship is a super fun event that's been running since 2013. Over the years, 320+ communities, 50+ nationalities and 770+ representatives have participated. More importantly, it has created strong bonds between communities, resulted in countless friendships, and it has even led to people getting married, believe it or not :)

The concept, to explain it very briefly, is that each community elects one person to go represent them in the Championship. I'd be stoked to see you guys represented, so if this invitation intrigues you, feel very free to share it with your fellow community members.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

The invitation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E17VsC3SK9uFGk_wo-HKJv0_9fk1brFeoVuR8x0EZwE/edit

The invitation (in bbcode, so you can post it on the forum if you want): https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ZeYUZbGr27fdTcqZrdT_a_s3f9w-aZ0eKE69wVz9wY/edit

-Lissa
Seems interesting

Do we do it, and who do we send to represent us?

cpr

Nice to see your spamming the forum as well as our own personal, private emails.

Howe_zat

If anyone wants to go play on behalf of us I don't see why they shouldn't. Seems harmless enough.

My experience of forum mafia outside of CW/Cricsim is that it is arse, however. Most communities operate on a 'no roles and no information' basis where they all sit around and pretend to be insightful geniuses based on how someone else is posting, having never encountered that person outside of 3 posts in the thread. The game setup promised in the email looks boring as sin to me.

Uppercut

Yeah I think you need a bit of social context for Mafia to be fun. But we should send zorax for the craic.

Red_Ink_Squid

Apparently contestants are limited to just 150 posts per day phase however which might be too restrictive for zorax.

Red_Ink_Squid

I'd endorse you going, AZH.

Really, if anyone is keen they should just go for it and let the rest of us know so we can celebrate/disown them in due course.

AndyZaltzHair

I'd endorse you going, AZH.

Really, if anyone is keen they should just go for it and let the rest of us know so we can celebrate/disown them in due course.
I suck at mafia honestly but would give it a go hadn’t it been for few work in the coming days

RIS give it a go if you are free

Red_Ink_Squid

Thanks but I don't think this one's for me. I'm unproductive enough at my job as it is! (Also it would be a waste sending me as I am already married...)

Thingyman

Hi guys!

Thanks for bumping this.

Re: schedules. Your representative will be able to select any of the following start dates: May 4, May 11, May 18, May 25, June 1, June 8, June 15. So hopefully one of those would suit your representative's schedule :)

And other than that, I just want to emphasize that this event is really just about having fun, giving your community someone to cheer for, and building connections between players and communities. Plus you can say you've participated in a World Championship, how cool is that? :D

We have a Discord with 1000+ people that each year comment on and follow these games.

As for the activity and how the games play out, like I said in the other thread, if you have a couple of hours of free time each day you should be fine (not in a row, ofc). Here's an example game to get a sense of the game rhythm and flow: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/22878-Season-6-Game-9-On-the-Air-The-Mafia-Championship