• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

June 20 - Spain vs Portugal and Russia vs Greece

Simon

WCC Staff
spain and portugal is a massive game, the hosts could be gone in round 1, while i believe Greece only need a point to progress....

Spain 1-1 Portugal
Russia 2-4 Greece

Tim

Greece 2 - 0 Russia
Portugal 2 - 1 Spain

I think the Portuguese crowd is going to get the players home..I think Spain will under-achieve once again.

Simon

WCC Staff
i cant see portugal v spain a high scoring match, both sides will firstly be trying not to lose the game and both will likely put most of their efforts in scoring on the counter attack. id be surprised with more than 2 goals...

PY

Nuno Gomes scores for the hosts.

In my opinion, they :

1) Don't really deserve it.
2) Are of little to no threat to England or anyone good.

Craig

World Traveller
I think I'm going to put Raul in the over-rated list.

People talk about Spain under achieving at the European Championships, at least they have won one, which is more then Greece, England, Portugal, Sweden, Lativa, Bulgeria can all say.

Simon

WCC Staff
bulgaria, greece, latvia etc.... havent exactly got the worlds best domestic league and some of the worlds top football players to choose from do they?

Simon

WCC Staff
raul has been very ordinary of late though hasnt it, theres a couple more to be added to the list of over rated players by the end of the tournament i think!

Craig

World Traveller
Ok fair point, but still more then what Portugal and England have ever won.

And given the standard of the EPL and some of the players England have/had to pick from in the past it is disappionting.

Simon

WCC Staff
Portugal have been under achievers for the last 15 years too, no ones doubting that, England to an extent could be called under achievers, but theres a big difference between winning 1 world cup and not winning any..

thewizard1o1

Yeah England won the 66' world cup...

How many goals did Raul score for Real Madrid this season? He didn't have a good season from the games i saw him in.