• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Least/most valuable gold medal disciplines

Hurricane

While I agree with this, again I don't see how walking is any different in this respect to breaststroke/backstroke/butterfly in the swimming and you rarely hear people calling for those events to get canned.
Primarily because there is no disputing those are 'pure' strokes. Race Walking isn't really walking - I mean what is it really? As Cevbro stated both their feet are in the air on the slow mos. Therefore it is some form of running really.

And yet they disqualify peeps for running during each event.

Bahnz

Primarily because there is no disputing those are 'pure' strokes. Race Walking isn't really walking - I mean what is it really? As Cevbro stated both their feet are in the air on the slow mos. Therefore it is some form of running really.

And yet they disqualify peeps for running during each event.
No denying that. My comment was just in response to GIMH's point about walking being a daft sport because its slower than running.

SirBloody Idiot

The keirin would be so much better if it was like Capture the Flag. Whoever crosses the finish line on the stupid ****ing bike at the front wins.

cpr

Hmmm, we've let one slip through the net guys

Modern Pentathlon.

Pistol shooting, Fencing & Show Jumping in one.

Official IOC minimum qualification is a baroncy

Furball

Evil Scotsman
While I agree with this, again I don't see how walking is any different in this respect to breaststroke/backstroke/butterfly in the swimming and you rarely hear people calling for those events to get canned.
Interesting point, although the various strokes test out different muscle groups and different techniques.