• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

loving this format, 2020 has come of age

mohammad16

I think this world cup has been very exciting and to be honest the format and the whole run rate situation has made it even more gripping to watch.

Whats remarkable is that teams have evolved in this format of the game over the 3 world cups. The domination through pure silky stroke play of Jayawerdene, short pitch bowling, brilliant fielding and adaptive spin has forced teams to look for more than just flat track big hitters. I think initially we all assumed 2020 would hardly resemble cricket in its purest form but there certainly is room for traditional cricketing brilliance through all the chaos and pace.

The 3 world cups have been awesome and have all offered something different, its been very refreshing to see good sporting wickets and pace test the opposition.

Lets hope the semis and the finals can live up to the billing.

Sir Alex

Banned
It's too short to be played at International level. Better leave such stuff to club level. Also the tournament structuring has not exactly helped to improve my views about it as well.

Won't mind the one odd t20 as a crowd puller in a bilateral series. Because it serves that purpose, to get crowds to watch cricket. Not sure how a multinational engagement involving minnows succeed in that. Not even West Indies matches were sell outs. India matches were at best half full.

A world cup every year, makes the audience bored. ICC is just killing the golden goose.

Last edited:

Dissector

The first TT world cup was the pinnacle of the format; since then it's been downhill all the way.:dry:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The problem is its been less than 12 months since the last World Cup.

That has nothing to do with the actual format of T20 though, which I must admit I've fallen into the trap of liking it.

honestbharani

I love the format... but schedul the next WC at Aus/NZ plz... hopefully if it is before IPL, our guys will be a bit moe serious abt it???? ;) :p

But seriously, have loved the format all the time. Juz feel it should almost always have a fast outfield, reasonably big boundaries (75 yards) and a bit in it for the bowlers, like at least hard and good bounce... Those conditions produce the most interesting T20 cricket AFAIC..

Howsie

It's too short to be played at International level. Better leave such stuff to club level. Also the tournament structuring has not exactly helped to improve my views about it as well.

Won't mind the one odd t20 as a crowd puller in a bilateral series. Because it serves that purpose, to get crowds to watch cricket. Not sure how a multinational engagement involving minnows succeed in that. Not even West Indies matches were sell outs. India matches were at best half full.

A world cup every year, makes the audience bored. ICC is just killing the golden goose.
Well no ****, they're a foreign team and the games they played in started at 9:30 in the morning.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Indians are everywhere man. We're taking over the planet.

Every game around the world is pretty much a home game :D

except Perth :ph34r:

mohammad16

Most certainly agree that there should be a 4 year gap between any sort of world cup. To have another one within a year is just stupid.

GotSpin

It's too short to be played at International level. Better leave such stuff to club level.

Won't mind the one odd t20 as a crowd puller in a bilateral series. Because it serves that purpose, to get crowds to watch cricket.

Have to share this view. Don't mind the odd game but god, its fairly repetitive

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Don't think it helps having it come immediately after an IPL season. Getting to the point where although the tournament's been good, I just want to get back to Test Cricket.