• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Naruto Mafia - Game Thread

Teja.

Global Moderator
The 4+1 is a red herring as Athers couldn't vote and didn't count to our win condition. Hugely helpful when we got to yesterday and it seemed like there'd only be 1 maf left.
It’s not a red herring because the fact that town has to spend an extra day lynching him is significantly more important than pretty much everything else by far.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Anyway I sorta sympathize with zorax tbh. As someone who's never lost before in mafia, losing sucks.

Tom Halsey

As GIMH says the 4+1 thing was a red herring.

My claim was poor. I'd been planning it for a couple of days after googling that character's abilities on the basis that the poison mechanic was in the game, but by the time it came to claiming that wasn't obvious at all and I probably should have been lynched.

Think everything else was good though. The bus of Athlai bought me a lot of trust and GIMH had a great claim and ended up being seen as probably the most clear. And I think we got our night orders spot on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It’s not a red herring because the fact that town has to spend an extra day lynching him is significantly more important than pretty much everything else by far.
No I get that but it's a red herring in terms of thinking it would mean 5 maf. In a conventional sense it didn't, we never had the vote boost.

Tom Halsey

I think Morgie said it but mostly when town loses it's because they've played really badly, but I don't think they did here until the final day. Collectively they had a lot of reads that were pretty much spot on and they were pretty unfortunate.

Great game RIS as usual.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Anyway, great game by maf. Both GIMH and Halsey played blinders.

I'm sulking a bit but I'll get over it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Great game BTW RIS. A theme I know nothing about and potentially a complex one. They're the games I've struggled in of late. Once I got past my early suspicion I got into the groove a lot more. Was a lot of fun.

Daemon

I've really loved all of RIS' games so far, they're always on different but nice places in the complex - vanilla scale.

Red_Ink_Squid

Ah ****. Would it have mattered if I hit gimh instead of Halsey RIS?

Great game from mafiosos. Hell of a comeback. Great game RIS.
As GIMH says, you'd picked a good target and nothing more you could have done. If they'd tried to kill you rather than reflect you'd have had priority and struck first, but they played it perfectly from their side which meant it wasn't in your hands at that point.

Thanks again for agreeing to the late entry by the way. I hadn't realised the game would be so close to over by then!

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'll run a Harry Potter mafia, make RIS Harry, name and bold Dumbledore in the OP but not put him in the game and tell maf he is not. **** deserves it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'll run a Harry Potter mafia, make RIS Harry, name and bold Dumbledore in the OP but not put him in the game and tell maf he is not. **** deserves it.
More game creators should do this honestly. Not that you need to tell mafia either. But little things like this are great and its the most powerful tool in really ****ing with everyones heads.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Was the Naruto role always just gonna be a role blocker with his sexy ninjutsu? If so im glad I don't watch this show

Daemon

More game creators should do this honestly. Not that you need to tell mafia either. But little things like this are great and its the most powerful tool in really ****ing with everyones heads.
Yeah I agree. I really wanted to do a proper themed maf, but then I realised people can be a lot more creative with their role claiming when only generic characters are involved so binned the idea. Barely anyone ended up claiming though other than Shri who was promptly lynched and the interns.

Uppercut

Yeah I said something similar in the dead chat. Town shouldn’t be able to rely on lynching the most central characters.

Probably feels a bit rough the first time but it’s a good precedent to set.