• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Naruto Mafia - Game Thread

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Great game BTW RIS. A theme I know nothing about and potentially a complex one. They're the games I've struggled in of late. Once I got past my early suspicion I got into the groove a lot more. Was a lot of fun.
Honestly, I love getting into themes I know nothing about. Makes me look stuff up that is potentially very interesting. I bought the book 3 Kingdoms was based on and plan to watch SoA later this year.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pfft the 3 kingdoms book is fine and all, though a bit dreary at times. The real magic is in the Dynasty Warriors games

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Honestly, I love getting into themes I know nothing about. Makes me look stuff up that is potentially very interesting. I bought the book 3 Kingdoms was based on and plan to watch SoA later this year.
Yeah for sure. Other than if going on holiday or something I'll pretty much be playing every game at CW going forwards so theme won't put me off. It throws up different challenges.

Red_Ink_Squid

Was the Naruto role always just gonna be a role blocker with his sexy ninjutsu? If so im glad I don't watch this show
Due to when in the series this game was set, yes Naruto was just going to be a role blocker. The big upside to this is the opportunity for growth in Naruto Mafia 2 & 3. :ph34r:

Pfft the 3 kingdoms book is fine and all, though a bit dreary at times. The real magic is in the Dynasty Warriors games
I discussed the DW games a little with Sledger when the theme for the 3 Kingdoms game was revealed. I loved those games, and obviously a big fan of the novel as well.

I realise for Sledger's sake I should stop making games where he is the theme knowledge expert as he was night killed very early in that game too. Funnily enough, he survived my Cricket Mafia game.

Last edited:

Victor Ian

Well played mafia. In fact better than well played. Loved it.

I'm happy to have seen such a play, because I have often wondered how well it would be for mafia to sacrifice one of its own for that very reason of buying complete clearance as town. Not that it changed the result, but why were there 2 deaths last night?

@Halsey. What was with poison doctor? Was that trolling us for the lols?

@Shri. Don't stop calling people ****s and stuff. Just put the time in to make your claim clear when you first present it. Mod instructions are pretty clear but you always present them in a way that makes your clarifications come across as lies. When you called RIS a useless **** was the moment I came around to you being town.

@Teja. Sorry for going all batshit crazy on you at the end. I was really trying to find reasons for you to be mafia, because you were sounding exactly like the corporate mafia game, which is credit to you for not having different styles when on different sides.

@RIS. As always, this was a greatly constructed game. It had me guessing WTF is going on the whole time.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Halsey's poison doctor claim turned out to be accidental genius because protective roles wouldn't be on my radar unlike pretty much every other role.

Victor Ian

@RIS. And thanks for letting me reprise my role of dogish tracker, after I was so unfairly killed in cbeebies by HB.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was also a role you could have legit had, but I was the only other player alive who knew that

Howe_zat

More game creators should do this honestly. Not that you need to tell mafia either. But little things like this are great and its the most powerful tool in really ****ing with everyones heads.
I rememeber doing this in Wire mafia and by the time we got to the third game the maf were intentionally claiming peripheral characters to not look suspicious.

Red_Ink_Squid

@VI there were two deaths because NP tried to vig hit Halsey, but Halsey's power was to change a player's target to themselves, which made NP effectively suicide.

Incidentally the previous night Halsey almost used his power on Teja which would have been a disaster for him. Teja would have gained the redirection power and his watcher action would have been redirected to target himself and therefore learned that Halsey was the one doing it.

weeman27bob

Good work Mafia.

I'm going to claim transitive MVP because it was my idea to get Athlai back which lead to the Halsey bus.

Maybe next time I'll make it to N1 before I die.