• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Draft - Ascending Batting Average

anil1405

Here’s another ODI draft with a different variation.

The player you pick in Round 2 must have a batting average equal to or higher than the player you picked in Round 1. Similarly player 3 must average equal to or more than player 2 and so on.

The risk here is that if you pick Virat Kohli in round 10 then the only option left for you would be ten Doeschate and if someone else picks Doeschate in Round 11 before your turn, then you have no options left and I will select some random meme player for you (based on what player your team is needing I.e. an opener or a middle order bat etc.).

In this draft the player who comes first in Round 11 has an obvious advantage so instead of having a random order, the order for Round 11 will start with the drafter who has the least number of total accumulated batting average of his previous 10 players. So if the total batting average of the 10 players you have chosen is the least then you get to go first in Round 11 while the player who has second least total accumulated batting average goes second and so on. In worst case, if two drafters end up with same total batting average (after round 10) then the drafter who picked the player with lesses batting average in Round 10 goes first.

Player should have played a minimum of 10 ODI's.

Looking for 10 drafters.

Last edited:

ankitj

There could be a possibility where the balance of the team might not be as you have anticipated so I am contemplating adding Round 12 (which would be reverse of Round 11). And for this particular round there will be no restrictions of sorts in terms of batting average. The only restriction is that he HAS TO BE a batsman, not a bowler or all rounder or wicket keeper. So basically you can’t pick a Round 12 player who will be a part of your bowling options or someone who will be your keeper.
I will say let drafters stick with what they end up with in 11 rounds. R12 will be a convenient jailbreak that everyone will look to exploit.

anil1405

>inb4 some dick picks Sobers Round 1
Haha. Thanks for pointing this out.

Additional Rule: Minimum ODIs played should be 10 or more.

I will say let drafters stick with what they end up with in 11 rounds. R12 will be a convenient jailbreak that everyone will look to exploit.
The only thing I was considering is that a player might be eying an opener or no.3 in last round but might not get the player he wants so was thinking of an additional round. So if I remove Round 12, drafters must be even more careful about the potential risks of playing a batsman out of position and I guess this element of risk makes the draft even more fun. Alright i'll scrap the Round 12 rule.

anil1405

1. anil1405
2. PEWS
3. Fuller Pilch
4. Teuton
5. KK
6. Trundler
7. Ankitj
8. mr_mister
9. Line and Length
10. StephenZA
11. Pothas
12. weldone

I'll generate Round 1 in a bit.

anil1405

Round 1

Teuton
Line and Length
hb
StephenZA
Fuller Pilch
anil1405
Pothas
mr_mr
ankitj
kk
trundler
weldone

12 hours for Teuton to make his pick and then 8 hours per pick.