• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Burgey

The Dogs stink, I think they're the worst side in the comp, talent wise. But they usually have a go. They're lucky Saints decided to have dig a week after their game and not during it.

Shady Slim

see i was never a part of the fire des crowd and thought it was clownish at the time and still do today. by 2015 and 2016 it was a case of overachieving with a roster with a lot of holes, not underachieving with a superbly talented roster that fans seemed to think, pay’s not a bad coach but is supremely out of his depth being asked to right a ship with no wheel, no paddles and no sail, and decisions such as the napa signing (which was always a horrendous deal) also have not helped. getting rid of des and everything that’s happened since has been top to tail ineptitude and i’m glad the guys are having a dig but the talent’s just not there

Kraken

Yeah, except Des was a big part of the issues though. Heavily back-ended deals to guys who didn't deserve it, getting rid of the 2 players they should've actively kept as the heart and soul of the joint (Graham and Reynolds). Signing Foran for 1mill+ (great player on his day, but he is crocked now)

Burgey

And tbf that was Hasler's first stint at Manly as well. They fell off a cliff owing to back ended deals. Should never be allowed near the negotiating table by the clubs he coaches for.

Sm00teh, how much start are you giving me for Saturday night?

Burgey

Yeah could be a proper bash 'em up if both teams defend like they have been so far.

Extended interview with Ray Price on the radio this morning - Sky Sports Radio site will have it if anyone is interested in listening. Christ he was a hard bastard. Parra's decline started the day he retired in 86. Was the heart and soul of the joint.

Shady Slim

i agree with kraken wrt the backended contracts, which are a des special, but i was behind the moves to get rid of graham and reynolds. the club was going nowhere and des was extracting so much juice from what was really an untalented roster, and though i was sad to see both of them go, long term it was better for the club that they did. it's why i'm also not a fan of the calls to bring reynolds back to partner foran. reynolds is a great clubman and a better bloke and his tenure here i'll always love, he's definitely a favourite son, but it was time for the club to reset and rebuild imo. i am a huge believer in not getting rid of your coach unless you have a better option on the market and pay was not that. des is a top three coach in the league arguably top two and it was ridiculous to oust him

Shady Slim

boilover by the mountainside!! don't want to jump the gun but maybe we are finally seeing the storm drop out of the first tier of elite teams.

also wondering if it's time to take newy seriously, or does them running the storm close but ultimately copping the L lose heft with melbourne going down tonight

Burgey

Storm can’t win it this year I think. Don’t think they can go up a gear in finals like the used to

Burgey

Nah got a birthday dinner for both our mums and Burgeinho’s gf which we are putting on at a local italian joint.

Have been told if I sit there watching the game during dinner I will be served with papers tomorrow

Am not that hopeful of a win tbh, and am not gambhiring in saying so. If they have a crack and play something approaching their best then I’ll say they’re the real deal. You don’t win a Comp in June, but you can lose one if you get shredded badly enough.

Flem274*

123/5
oof, oh well, im hoping for a good troll from parra against the best accountants in the league. enjoy dinner bro.

Flem274*

123/5
loooool kearney punted. id rather punt players not called roger tuivasa sheck tbh. they're terrible, especially the forwards. yes let's hire adam blair 15 years beyond his best to throw away stupid penalties. plus it's a warriors law one of the back three must be unable to catch a high ball.

trainwreck.

Burgey

Was a ridiculous game. Intensity was crazy from both sides. Roosters’ big game nous got them over the line. Just a quality match up.