• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

pasag

RTDAS
silentstriker said:
Isn't it a bit soon to annoint him the next Lara? Hell, people have trouble anointing Ponting the next Lara let alone Pieterson.
Don't know what PF is on about, but the point dontcloseyoureyes is making that "KP is the new Lara" is that that KP is gunning it, while all the other players around him aren't performing. Similar to Lara and the WI.

valvolux

Here's a couple of day 4 photos. The first is just as Gilly takes the catch to dismiss cook late in the day - very flukey photography I tell you. The second is of GD McGrath on his way back to his fielding position after that crucial over, receiving a standing ovation from the members.

valvolux

Here's a couple of day 4 photos. The first is just as Gilly takes the catch to dismiss cook late in the day - very flukey photography I tell you. The second is of GD McGrath on his way back to his fielding position after that crucial over, receiving a standing ovation from the members.

Craig

World Traveller
Steulen said:
I can picture that.

James Baker: "To ever obtain the desired result, it is imperative that the Allies seek the co-operation of the nations closest to Australia, in this case New Zealand and Papua New Guinea".

ECB: "You mean we should retain Geraint Jones in the team? WTF?".
:laugh:

Give this guy the $10,000 (or in this case the 10,000 euros).

Seriously though that is the Skull winner right there for mine.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Yeah, I actually stole the line from Gelman to be honest.

It's good to see at least Marc got what I meant.
Although I disagreed as I don't think the rest of them are all underperforming *that* much, certainly not the batsmen.

Matt79

Global Moderator
valvolux said:
Nice pics

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I didn't say you agreed, I just said you got what I meant.
Fair enough.

Out of interest, what do you base the comparison with Lara on seeing the way the middle order (in particular) are performing?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I wasn't even being serious, it was just a point from the WACA test where he'd been left alone with the tail.

But really, the Windies have Lara, then two other batsman who can make reasonable runs: Chanderpaul and Gayle. England have had Collingwood and Bell make consistent runs. Kind of works as a comparison, but not really.

Anyway, I think KP should bat @ 4. Surely he needs to be able to turn these 50* and 70 holing out with the 10 at the crease into big hundreds.