• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 8th massacre at the SCG

Spikey

also i don't think wade has any wickets this year in premier cricket. i've got a dinner with the governor general tomorrow night so I'll ask her

social

I have nothing against Haddin per se

Despite being a complete **** for the majority of his career, he seems to have turned that around

He was excellent for a period, garbage for a bit more and great this year

But when people claim he is the best in the world, it really pisses me off and particularly when he has let Oz down time and again

It's like saying Johnson is the world's best bowler - it's rubbish

FYI, there is a guy in SA who is not only one of the best batsmen in the world but has just won MOS for his keeping in a series between 1 & 2 (i.e. not hack v hack)

He is on a whole different level to Haddin so don't let his local fan club tell you any different

social

Nah POTY is definitely your claim that Oz tanked the CT last year

Hilarious

Then again, I was just about the only poster to forecast that Oz would exit the tourney after losing all their group matches

Remind me again what you predicted at the time :laugh:

Burgey

also i don't think wade has any wickets this year in premier cricket. i've got a dinner with the governor general tomorrow night so I'll ask her
Say hi to her for me. She's a delight. She hosted me at a charity function at Admiralty House last winter. Gracious and stylish lady.

I wish to emphasise I was not the nominated charity.

benchmark00

Hilarious

Then again, I was just about the only poster to forecast that Oz would exit the tourney after losing all their group matches

ajdude

Hilarious

Isn't the CC in June or something? Clarke's out for up to 10 weeks, so should probably be fit for at least some of the tournament.

I have a feeling Starc may be out though? Which would be a massive loss as he's the best one day fast bowler in the world.
ftr

Spikey

Say hi to her for me. She's a delight. She hosted me at a charity function at Admiralty House last winter. Gracious and stylish lady.

I wish to emphasise I was not the nominated charity.
You can emphasise that but we won't believe you.

crazy to think the decision to stage all Ryobi cup matches in Sydney saved Australian cricket

The Battlers Prince

You can emphasise that but we won't believe you.

crazy to think the decision to stage all Ryobi cup matches in Sydney saved Australian cricket
I think the television coverage was good for the domestic game (even if only Ryobi cup). Actually, is there more to this post or is it tongue in cheek stuff? ie someone actually saying it saved Australian cricket?

Jassy

Banned
I have nothing against Haddin per se

Despite being a complete **** for the majority of his career, he seems to have turned that around

He was excellent for a period, garbage for a bit more and great this year

But when people claim he is the best in the world, it really pisses me off and particularly when he has let Oz down time and again

It's like saying Johnson is the world's best bowler - it's rubbish

FYI, there is a guy in SA who is not only one of the best batsmen in the world but has just won MOS for his keeping in a series between 1 & 2 (i.e. not hack v hack)

He is on a whole different level to Haddin so don't let his local fan club tell you any different
Who's the wicket-keeping Steyn (or Philander)? As for the guy in SA, he is probably the best wk bat in the world but give me Haddin any day when the side are 120-5 and not 500-5. It doesn't matter if it was 1 vs 2. Talk about England's bowling vs India's bowling...more relevant than merely talking about the rankings. And I don't see how this English side is suddenly a hack? Even if it is now, it wasn't before the series started.

So even if Abd is better (which I don't contest) who else is better currently? Prior? No. Dhoni? No. Prasanna Jayawardene? No.

Adnan Akmal, perhaps?

ajdude

I think the television coverage was good for the domestic game (even if only Ryobi cup). Actually, is there more to this post or is it tongue in cheek stuff? ie someone actually saying it saved Australian cricket?
spikey's being 100% serious as always

benchmark00

Who's the wicket-keeping Steyn (or Philander)? As for the guy in SA, he is probably the best wk bat in the world but give me Haddin any day when the side are 120-5 and not 500-5. It doesn't matter if it was 1 vs 2. Talk about England's bowling vs India's bowling...more relevant than merely talking about the rankings. And I don't see how this English side is suddenly a hack? Even if it is now, it wasn't before the series started.

So even if Abd is better (which I don't contest) who else is better currently? Prior? No. Dhoni? No. Prasanna Jayawardene? No.

Adnan Akmal, perhaps?

Wouldn't bother bud.

flibbertyjibber

Glad I slept through this one. Dire again by England. Only another fortnight to wait till it can be erased from memory for ever.