• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia Squad discussion thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Likely team?

Warner
Watson
Clarke
White
Hussey, D
Hussey, M
Haddin
Smith
Johnson
Lee
Tait

As much as he shouldn't, Nannes will probably miss for Lee.

Jayzamann

IPL form would see Nannes streets ahead. Hopefully for him that hand jolt can be shaken off easily.

A team with Lee has appeal. But until he starts doing something for Punjab, there's little justification to have him play in the Caribbean - especially with Tait and Johnson in the same squad.

age_master

In the champions league he hardly went for more than 20 runs in a game. If he can find some form for Punjab he should be picked in the 11.

The 3 quicks in the best XI would have to depend on form (On current T20 form Nannes would be first picked imo). Would love to see all 4 of them in the one side though. Shame the pitches wont be quick.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
In the champions league he hardly went for more than 20 runs in a game. If he can find some form for Punjab he should be picked in the 11.

The 3 quicks in the best XI would have to depend on form (On current T20 form Nannes would be first picked imo). Would love to see all 4 of them in the one side though. Shame the pitches wont be quick.
He did play a lot of games @ Delhi, where 6 runs an over was a defendable score.

Julian87

Likely team?

Warner
Watson
Clarke
White
Hussey, D
Hussey, M
Haddin
Smith
Johnson
Lee
Tait

As much as he shouldn't, Nannes will probably miss for Lee.
I'd almost expect Christian in the XI ahead of possibly Michael Hussey with Haddin mocing up. But if the pitches are as bad as they say they are then I think Mussey will play every game. I never thought I'd say but I'd play Smith ahead of Hauritz as well because I quite rate Dussey's bowling and no doubt Clarke will bowl himself as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Know he was baggage (TSTL), but after seeing him today I reckon Symonds really should be there, pisshead or not.

Better 2020 player than anyone in the XV IMHO.

Scaly piscine

What's the thinking with the bowlers? Gone for the guys who can give up 10+ runs an over without even trying?

Why wouldn't Bollinger be in there?

If the bowling attack ends up being Smith, Johnson, Lee, Tait and Watson... I mean come on they're not that stupid surely?

Athlai

Not Terrible
What's the thinking with the bowlers? Gone for the guys who can give up 10+ runs an over without even trying?

If the bowling attack ends up being Smith, Johnson, Lee, Tait and Watson... I mean come on they're not that stupid surely?
Bolly so far in his career hasn't been very successful in limited overs in Aussie domestics. Obviously he has the ability to do well though.

age_master

Maybe, but they could also on their day bowl a team out for 10. I would definately have Nannes in the top side though.

age_master

I dont think Australia should be favourites but they should be close. A very good chance to win for mine. As wih most T20 though, because it is so short it will come down to who plays better on the day.

R_D

Batting bit of a worry for Australia... will be heavily dependent on Warner and Watson... If they don't click... might not make it too far.
Bowling lineup is solid though.

Scaly piscine

Batting bit of a worry for Australia... will be heavily dependent on Warner and Watson... If they don't click... might not make it too far.
Bowling lineup is solid though.
The batting is the strong point, Clarke aside.

The bowling on the other hand has the potential to be catastrophically awful.

Spark

Global Moderator

Nannes as well.

And yes, the batting is powerful, even with Clarke (who STILL hasn't found his early career limited overs form again). Although I think it's not that bad. At least he has the insight to demote himself if the situation really requires it.