• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Commentary Complaints Thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Vaughan's voice when he gets animated is very annoying. Seems quite fabricated as well because he takes a few seconds to build up to it after a wicket/landmark.
Yeah it seems very unnatural and forced. As if he feels the need to start SHOUTING because EXCITING THINGS are happening.

S.Kennedy

Discussions of county cricket using Kookaburras. What with Australians using Dukes, taking it to its extremity, it could lead to the hilarious situation of the two countries switching balls.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think this summer has really shown for anyone who was still valiantly holding on exactly why Strauss and Flower were so eager to turf the guy first real shot they got.

quincywagstaff

It was fascinating watching KP on ‘The Cricket Show’ on the final day in Perth when rain had delayed play. He was clearly jittery and impatient being there for the segment and when it came to answering viewer’s questions he basically just refused to answer them!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think this summer has really shown for anyone who was still valiantly holding on exactly why Strauss and Flower were so eager to turf the guy first real shot they got.
Also telling how much he wanted to put the boot into his old buddies Cook and Broad for coming to the party late. Gives an insight into his mentality three years ago when I and many other fans certainly felt the last two tests mattered. Absolute **** he is.

Gnske

I honestly don't know how in the 10 years Pietersen played that not one of his teammates tried to pull a Simon Katich on him.

Absolute mystery to me.

Spark

Global Moderator
Also telling how much he wanted to put the boot into his old buddies Cook and Broad for coming to the party late. Gives an insight into his mentality three years ago when I and many other fans certainly felt the last two tests mattered. Absolute **** he is.
Yeah, I remember reading/hearing somewhere that he was just utterly, utterly disinterested in Sydney in particular. Could not give a **** any more.

vcs

Called a Winter Olympics guy a loser for only winning a Silver medal. **** knows what the context was.

Man has a point TBF, true winners like this bloke are a rare commodity. :ph34r:

TNT

Banned
KP utterly convinced that, with England 4/200-odd and going on at well over 3 an over, they really need to go and start hitting sixes.
Thats how Australia used to win matches, having Gilly come out and smash the ball around served two purposes. It demoralised the opposition and gave the team enough time to win the match. All Cook and Broad did was to give the impression to the Australian batsmen that if they didn't do anything stupid they could just meander to an easy draw. You have to take the game on to win in those situations and playing safe is basically just going to give you a draw.

quincywagstaff

Interesting article by Jarrod Kimber on his time with ABC Grandstand radio. I fully agree with his depiction of why ABC's coverage went downhill; it's loss of Lane, Roebuck & Kerry (was a bit meh on Glenn Mitchell) they haven't really recovered from.

Perhaps unintentionally, but Kimber's account in dealing with management suggests the ABC is an organisation stifled by far too many managers and bureaucracy to function as effectively as it should and sort of reinforces the negative stereotypes that it's overstaffed in management because it's a government organisation.