• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** COVID-19 Discussion

duffer

It's absolutely **** being in India right now. It seems like the lockdowns/social distancing and so on is going to continue for a long, long time. :(
They imposed another full lockdown in Bangalore, didn't they? This is going to be a rough few years imo.

Every day I keep hearing about 'progress' regarding a vaccine but it's surely a couple of years away?

vcs

They imposed another full lockdown in Bangalore, didn't they? This is going to be a rough few years imo.

Every day I keep hearing about 'progress' regarding a vaccine but it's surely a couple of years away?
We seem to get the worst of both worlds - hard lockdowns, which also achieve **** all in terms of mitigating the spread. :( Sucks to be in a poor, overpopulated country.

honestbharani

Yeah, lockdowns do not help simply because literally none of the Governments or anyone in the politicia has a ****ing clue of what these lockdowns are actually supposed to do. Ideally you want to avoid crowding, but every ****ing lockdown is basically saying "Shops can be open only from so and so time till so and so time". These shops are open because they sell stuff that are needed for people day to day. And obviously if you limit the time they are open for, there will be ****ing crowds all over the place. The easiest thing to implement would be a lockdown in terms of movement across districts or zones within districts, but ensure al shops are basically open all the time so that people can come and buy what they need without crowding every damn place. Keep offices closed, let people work from home, dont have public transport and ensure cabs and autos run with minimal people on board. Surely the balance is not difficult to find or understand.

StephenZA

Yeah, lockdowns do not help simply because literally none of the Governments or anyone in the politicia has a ****ing clue of what these lockdowns are actually supposed to do. Ideally you want to avoid crowding, but every ****ing lockdown is basically saying "Shops can be open only from so and so time till so and so time". These shops are open because they sell stuff that are needed for people day to day. And obviously if you limit the time they are open for, there will be ****ing crowds all over the place. The easiest thing to implement would be a lockdown in terms of movement across districts or zones within districts, but ensure al shops are basically open all the time so that people can come and buy what they need without crowding every damn place. Keep offices closed, let people work from home, dont have public transport and ensure cabs and autos run with minimal people on board. Surely the balance is not difficult to find or understand.
It also requires people not to be overly stupid. People lost patience here in SA after about 5 weeks. Now even though you have these restrictions with regards to movement and curfew, people tend to still ignore it. Masks are mandatory but about half the population have stopped wearing them (or doing so properly). The SA Taxis associations are just ignoring the reduced capacity limit and so the list goes on. Now the president is reintroducing the alcohol ban, and making it an actual legal requirement with regards to masks such that business operators will be held liable for people not obeying the rules. But this is all much to late really, the peak has come and people and getting sick and the emergency/ICU sections of the hospitals are over flowing. For those that can actually get treatment.

And just for an extra kick in the economic pants for the country. We started rolling power cuts or load-shedding since Friday.

Shri

I have been taking vitamin D plus a multivitamin supplement every day for two months now. But the smoking doesn't help. Hope I'll survive if I get it at this point. If everything goes to ****, wouldn't mind not surviving either.

Heboric

It also requires people not to be overly stupid. People lost patience here in SA after about 5 weeks. Now even though you have these restrictions with regards to movement and curfew, people tend to still ignore it. Masks are mandatory but about half the population have stopped wearing them (or doing so properly). The SA Taxis associations are just ignoring the reduced capacity limit and so the list goes on. Now the president is reintroducing the alcohol ban, and making it an actual legal requirement with regards to masks such that business operators will be held liable for people not obeying the rules. But this is all much to late really, the peak has come and people and getting sick and the emergency/ICU sections of the hospitals are over flowing. For those that can actually get treatment.

And just for an extra kick in the economic pants for the country. We started rolling power cuts or load-shedding since Friday.
Yep people here can be idiots

I still remember I was queuing in line to enter a bank, so I purposely left a gap to the person in front of me, so some ****er took the chance to use that gap and jump the q, you try speak to them and they get all aggro

srbhkshk

But let's face it, has anyone ever seen an uncrowded shop in India lockdown or no lockdown?
There were literally 20 people crowding a pani puri shop near my home yesterday, not even the uneducated poor people who can be excused but actual young corporate people, couldn't believe the ****.

vcs

There were literally 20 people crowding a pani puri shop near my home yesterday, not even the uneducated poor people who can be excused but actual young corporate people, couldn't believe the ****.
TBF, what other way is there to eat pani puri, though?

Shri

Don't feel good

Sneezing a bit and I have this urge to cough but I don't want to. Currently locked alone in a room.

honestbharani

If you got phlegm in your throat, I think you have nothing to worry about. Don't put thoughts and worries in your head until you absolutely have to. It could mostly end up as just a cold.

Lillian Thomson

Face masks compulsory in the UK in shops from July 24th. The biggest crisis in peace time and we have the biggest bunch of imbeciles in power in history.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Darren Grimes whinging about face masks just makes me like them more. Might even start wearing them in my own house.