• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England fans celebration thread

Howe_zat

I’m just weak at the knees. At it’s not all the coffee and booze either.

Just a sensational final. It feels like the end of an era in some way, bookended by eye-popping games against the kiwis.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
We don't make it easy for ourselves, do we? Whatever the sport. We had the Russian linesman (actually Georgian) in 66, Jonny's wrong foot drop in 03 and now the back of Ben's bat today.

Spark

Global Moderator

Just a sensational final. It feels like the end of an era in some way, bookended by eye-popping games against the kiwis.
Honestly I think winning like this (aside from some of the madness at the end) is by far the most satisfying way to win, rather than creaming 380 on a runway and having the oppo fold meekly in reply.

Spark

Global Moderator

Honestly I think winning like this (aside from some of the madness at the end) is by far the most satisfying way to win, rather than creaming 380 on a runway and having the oppo fold meekly in reply.

ImpatientLime

a day i never thought i'd see due to our historically very conservative nature in white ball cricket.

an astonishing achievement.

Howe_zat

In hindsight I agree with Spark. At the time I think I would take the massive win, thank you very much.

A massive win probably would have my summarising be a bit more dignified too, ha.

BSM

Probably the greatest game of any sport I have ever seen; helped that we ended up winning of course

A lot of social media reaction as well. I think at least for a little while, Cricket is relevant in England again

PikeyB

Pretty much resigned myself to losing this ..thought New Zealand would choke us to death after we went 4 down .

New Zealand had the best of the conditions but we had some crazy luck .

All us Brits of a certain age will probably agree . We grew up losing , we kept the faith when we were a fecking joke team . We started improving but always we were coming up short in ODI . England winning a World Cup has been one of my lifetime ambitions . This is a huge day for us .

OverratedSanity

Congrats to the English fans. Was a treat listening to Howe's numerous meltdowns and yelps of disbelief on commentary.

Admitting that Root choked was a seminal moment.

But seriously, watching a win like that must have been incredible. Kinda jealous tbh.

Last edited:

Shri

Following the game with zo and ho on comms almost nade me root for england. Almost.

But this must never be allowed to happen again.

But celebrate for now you ****s!

Will there be an open bus tour?

Pothas

I wanted nothing other than that at the start of the day but this now makes it one my favourite ever sporting moments, which I really would never have expected.