• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** First Semi-Final: Australia vs. England

Debris

An easy path is all relative. For Zimbabwe, Australia's path to final would have been very difficult. You are essentially saying that Australia is a very good side.

Uppercut

That's as may be, but however good a side they are, they've never had such an easy path to the final of a major tournament before nor are they likely to again.

Uppercut

It would have taken a very high standard of bowling to contain them (Ponting in particular). A standard England were nowhere near.

0RI0N

Did we bowl turd or were Watto & Ponting just awesome? Or both?
2 shots by the Punter:
the cover drive off the Burnley Express in the 8th over AND
The lofted on drive off Collingwood.
Silk shots.
That coupled with the fact that Watto batting like he was Hayden in his pomp.
Oh yeah and the bowling was rank garbage on a gem of a batting pitch.

Answer: Both

Debris

That's as may be, but however good a side they are, they've never had such an easy path to the final of a major tournament before nor are they likely to again.
I dunno, I seem to remember a World Cup in the recent past where Australia went undefeated and were crushing teams. That run may have been as easy (I admit that the side then was better than this one). Are we actually looking for the worst side to win a major tournament?