• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group C Discussion - Sri Lanka, South Africa, Zimbabwe

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
They never had a prayer of going through from this group or even of causing an upset, but it was important for the Zim boys to compete and give a good account of themselves. Failing to make 100 in either game, it's hard to say that they have - and they'll be out before England, Bangladesh, Pakistan and New Zealand have played a match.
Yeah that's what I came in to post. I wonder if that's ever happened before in a group stage style tournament where a team has been knocked out before some teams first match is even scheduled.

aussie tragic

Wow, only the 7th game of the WC (SL vs SA) and its a meaningless match....might as well be rained out...

On the bright side, SA may miss out on some high level practice before meeting Australia in the super 8's :)

MrPrez

First test for SA. Honestly don't feel comfortable against SL - reckon we're missing enigmatic characters. Miller will begin to be missed from hereonin, I feel.

Hurricane

My word, Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka were at the back of the queue when national anthems were being handed out, weren't they? God Save The Queen won't be the worst in the tournament. SL's just keeps going, eh?

Pretty spartan crowd too, if the telly pictures are any guide.
In a nz sl thread from some years ago we all liked the sl anthem. I get the feeling it varies from band to band so perhaps you heard it on a bad day. Migara and himanv made good educational posts about it at the time.

The_roc

It's always great to see how things are done in other parts of the world.

No need for an arty farty hover cover, just get 100 groundstaff with a tyre each to weigh down the polythere sheeting.

Magic!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pleased we're getting some cricket and all, but yeah. Seven overs apiece with Sweet Fanny Adams resting on it seems a tad empty.

Wow, Munaweera takes a specie as I type.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hmm.. what should we sacrifice. An over from the match or the national anthems?? Typical Cricket decision. Reckon this could have been a 9 over match, possibly 10.

What a catch by Junior Dilshan.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hmm.. what should we sacrifice. An over from the match or the national anthems?? Typical Cricket decision. Reckon this could have been a 9 over match, possibly 10.
Lol. Very fair comment. We'd have avoided all Tahnny's vomit-inducing comments about how much their respective anthems mean to them too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lol. Very fair comment. We'd have avoided all Tahnny's vomit-inducing comments about how much their respective anthems mean to them too.
Haha I missed Griegy but I can imagine what he was saying. Was watching Everton dominate Swansea until the actual Cricket started.

What's a par score do you think? I think 65.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Amla even clears his front leg with a touch of class at tho moment. Shades of Sehwag in those lofted drives.

Does du Plessis at #3 mean the yarps aren't giving this their best go, btw? De Villiers surely the man to come in?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha I missed Griegy but I can imagine what he was saying. Was watching Everton dominate Swansea until the actual Cricket started.

What's a par score do you think? I think 65.
Reckon 65 bare min, tbh. I'd be looking at 75 at least.

Man, that's smart work from SL. Well bowled by Herath but great gloves from Sanga.

MrPrez

Amla even clears his front leg with a touch of class at tho moment. Shades of Sehwag in those lofted drives.

Does du Plessis at #3 mean the yarps aren't giving this their best go, btw? De Villiers surely the man to come in?
Nah, reckon they're looking at getting du Plessis used to hitting the new ball around given that they like ****ing him around the order.

uvelocity

hey isn't it ridiculous. I had to check on the next game, figured this was shortened due to the next one needing to be played. obviously it's a bull**** tv decision though, because the aus v wi game is in a different stadium anyway :wacko:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Reckon 65 bare min, tbh. I'd be looking at 75 at least.

Man, that's smart work from SL. Well bowled by Herath but great gloves from Sanga.
75 against weaker attacks. Reckon these 2 teams are some of the best at containment so I went for 65.

Hard to get excited about this match until the second team starts to bat IMO.