• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group C Discussion - Sri Lanka, South Africa, Zimbabwe

James

Cricket Web Owner
Tue Sep 18
1st Match, Group C - Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe
Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota

Thu Sep 20
4th Match, Group C - South Africa v Zimbabwe

Sat Sep 22
7th Match, Group C - Sri Lanka v South Africa

Last edited:

Migara

SL XI my pick would be:

Dilshan, Dilshan jnr., MJ, Sanga, Chandimal, Mathews, J. Mendis, Perera, Kule, Eranga, A. Mendis

Drop that IPL sucker for good.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My word, Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka were at the back of the queue when national anthems were being handed out, weren't they? God Save The Queen won't be the worst in the tournament. SL's just keeps going, eh?

Pretty spartan crowd too, if the telly pictures are any guide.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jarvis looks to have a nice action; bowling a decent lick too, although the "right arm fast" the broadcasters have given is maybe a bit optimistic.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah very good first over, looks like helpful bowling conditions.

I've a bet on Taylor scoring more than Sangakkara paying $2.50 in this match. Great odds IMO.

Jayzamann

Yeah these split screen camera shots when the bowler is running in got really annoying really quickly.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shot. Dilshan seizes on the width Vitori gives him and it's crashed through the covers.

Bowling assignations entirely random tho: Vitori rated "RM" and that last one was 85.7mph. Good lick for a medium pacer...

Daemon

Vitori's action is dodgy. Coincidentally, our resident expert ^ is right here to make a further comment. :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Vitori's action is dodgy. Coincidentally, our resident expert ^ is right here to make a further comment. :p
Lol. Was just thinking exactly that when I saw the slo-mo. Definitely more elbow than I'm comfortable with. We'll see far worse this tournament tho.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
LOL yeah Arnold is terrible. I don't completely hate Greig though.

Butcher has done quite a good job he says, they've been quite disciplined. Yeah I guess they have if you exclude the dropped catches, wides and miss fields..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ouch. Back foot no-ball now.

First time I've ever seen a wicket overturned on one of those.

Thought it might've seen sliding down anyway, tbh.

EDIT: & smashing into leg. Yer eyes have gone, Brumby.

Last edited: